I hope Diaco was watching that last night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I hope Diaco was watching that last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We can conclude this following as much as I think long term winning requires a great D. Both programs have very good Ds, but in the modern era a great D cannot stop a great O for a sustained period over a whole game. Players are too explosive, and the rule changes allowing throwaways, no launching, no hits to the head, no hands to the face, have Ds on their heels

Long about way of saying, strong BD needs to build a strong O as highest priority.
Except for Cincinnati, UConn held every other team it played to under their season average by an aggregate of over 8.5 points/game. (7.7 if Cinci is included). If they can find a way to sustain drives and score about 10 more points/game (not exactly a mountainous task, IMO, given expected improvement along the offensive line and how many times they shot their own foot), they could find their way closing in on double digit win seasons. Plus the added TOP would give the defense that much more recovery time between opposing drives and may very well improve their performance.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Vince Young, Cam Newton

exactly....Hard to give credit to Mack Brown and Gene Chizik. It's obvious Saban is the reason why his team's win.

On a side note...Mack Brown is an awful color guy on the games...how did he get that gig?

Reaction Score
Except for Cincinnati, UConn held every other team it played to under their season average by an aggregate of over 8.5 points/game. (7.7 if Cinci is included). If they can find a way to sustain drives and score about 10 more points/game (not exactly a mountainous task, IMO, given expected improvement along the offensive line and how many times they shot their own foot), they could find their way closing in on double digit win seasons. Plus the added TOP would give the defense that much more recovery time between opposing drives and may very well improve their performance.

Thats all I'm asking for.

Reaction Score
exactly....Hard to give credit to Mack Brown and Gene Chizik. It's obvious Saban is the reason why his team's win.

On a side note...Mack Brown is an awful color guy on the games...how did he get that gig?

Well I won't put Mack Brown on Chizik level, he did win 10 plus games a year a very good coach just not great like a Saban or Meyer not many are. Chizik however was an awful HC , Cam Newton is the reason he coached longer then he did at Auburn.

I guess they want to have that old guy in the studio he's a nice guy I guess thats why he got the job and name recognition does help, but yeah he sure does suck as a color guy.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
My point is that usually when you have multiple titles you have an elite qb....Tebow..Brady....Montana.

You can't make that statement...Brady wasn't an elite college college QB and Tebow...in the NFL I would say wasn't exactly elite either...

Reaction Score
I think it is time for saban to stop playing in the minor league and join the big boys. I think his experience is good enough to succeed up there now.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
College and the NFL only look like the same game. They are not. I think Saban is too old for the NFL at this point.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
You can't make that statement...Brady wasn't an elite college college QB and Tebow...in the NFL I would say wasn't exactly elite either...

What is wrong with my statement? Tebow was an elite college QB who was part of multiple national championships in college. Brady was elite in the pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom