I Hope BYU Gets The Special Treatment That Aresco Apparently Wants to Give Them | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I Hope BYU Gets The Special Treatment That Aresco Apparently Wants to Give Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I thought we were talking about a football scheduling arrangement with them joining in other sports.

I don't see why you'd need to offer them anything to get a football scheduling agreement. They need the games in a bad way.

That I agree with. But like I said, I think Aresco is willing to go full Notre Dame to get BYU on board (read special TV deal treatment, limited or nonexistent exit fees, etc).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That I agree with. But like I said, I think Aresco is willing to go full Notre Dame to get BYU on board (read special TV deal treatment, limited or nonexistent exit fees, etc).

Hope that isn't true because having them in sports other than football is stupid and they need the AAC in football more than the AAC needs them as impossible as that might seem.

Reaction Score
BYU isn't going to join the AAC. Why would they? They'd lock themselves up with a $10M fine and 27 month waiting period should they decide to want to join the PAC or Big12 (both are viable options for them, I think, if they decided that they needed to join a conference). As of today, they could join a P5 conference without locking themselves up with an exit fee or waiting period. Why would they want to pay $10M when they don't have to?
Are you implying they could join the PAC if they wanted to? I am pretty sure this is not the case, in fact I think the AD was pretty upset when Utah was added to the PAC out of the MWC instead of them. The Big12 may be a different story but it appears they would not be able to join without some concessions (playing sports on Sundays).

To your overall point I agree that joining the AAC doesn't make much sense for them and certainly doesn't help a school like UCONN.

Reaction Score
Why are you anxious to get basketball out of the AAC. Every year we have been in this league we have won a championship. Maybe the easier regular season schedule gave the team stronger legs at the end of the year and allowed Ollie to experiment more with the team.
He has been reading MelsonMr.Muntz -

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Are you implying they could join the PAC if they wanted to?

No. I'm just saying that BYU seems to be an attractive target for western based P5 conferences. It seems unlikely that they would want to tie themselves into any sort of an exit fee or waiting period just to keep their options open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom