OT: - I Heard 72% of Adults Live Within...... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: I Heard 72% of Adults Live Within......

Reaction Score
Born in Milwaukee. Lived in MD and NY. College in NH, Spain, NYC. Grad school in MD, Portugal, PA. Worked and lived in NYC, various places in Europe and S. America, then CT for a few decades. Now settled in coastal Maine. If I ever grow up, I'll calculate the distance from wherever that may happen.

Start to finish—

View attachment 68113
I have to admit I looked at the photos before I read you post.. As soon as I saw the lupines photo I thought it was Maine. A beautiful setting. Congrats.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
10 miles. Bloomfield, CT to South Windsor, CT. As native as they come. Born in Hartford Hospital. Waiting a few more years for retirement to get the heck out of Connecticut! I guess I'm part of the majority, for now.
Where ever you go, you'll love it!! Retirement is a wonderful thing, and can be enjoyed just about anywhere. :)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
10 miles. Bloomfield, CT to South Windsor, CT. As native as they come. Born in Hartford Hospital. Waiting a few more years for retirement to get the heck out of Connecticut! I guess I'm part of the majority, for now.
Try to retire in a state with little or no income taxes. I save about 20% of my retirement income because Nevada has no income tax, compared to many of the states that I was stationed in.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kentucky is the numero uno state in the nation that folks are least likely to move away from. a very nice place where everrone gets Kentucky dirty.

meow.

24 hours in a day, 24 bottles in a case.. coincidence I think not. Lol, I am stealing that line.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
2111 MILES. Small town Kansas to Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Born and raised in Storrs, CT, left for college in NJ worked in NYC (150 miles) and outside Albany (170 miles), Montego Bay (1700 miles), London (3300 miles), Miami (1400 miles), TN (1000 miles), and now live about 20 feet from my first bedroom back in the house I was born into. My siblings live in HI (5000 miles), LA (3000 miles) and NH (200 miles)

It is an interesting issue and I am sure has changed fairly drastically over the course of the history of the US and changes quite dramatically by state, and rural vs urban, and level of education. I know in small northeastern towns the street names are often associated with generations of families still living in the town, but less so than when I was growing up (or those families have become 'diluted' by newer arrivals as towns expand.)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
East Lyme, CT to Punta Gorda, FL with a ten years stop in Winston Salem, NC
turn around, go back. florida's peak tops out at 350 feet, while coastal east lyme soars up to 500 feet. you afraid of heights or sumthin? better get over it, soon, cuz the seas are rising. on the udder hand, taxes are always rising around here, so you may be on to something. jk, lol.

Reaction Score
When I was in college in upstate New York that attracted students from all over the country, this song was popular:

It seemed appropriate to me, because I missed the girl friends from high school. Was born and grew up in Baltimore, went to high school in Jacksonville, FL, and now have retired to central Florida. But I lived more of my life, 41 years, in Connecticut, so that feels like my roots. I still get Hartford Courant emails with top stories of the day. I think people who went far away to college or worked for a National company (or Military) seem to be more likely to live much more that 20 miles from where they grew up. I would be surprised if it was more than 33% that live with 20 miles for that group of people.

Reaction Score
197 miles. South Jersey to Guilford. Will be 1152 miles in two weeks when I move to FL.

Other distances of interest:
From where I was born to where I grew up, 1848 miles. Texas
Farthest I ever lived from where I grew up, 9850 miles. Australia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom