I have never seen a set of receivers...... | The Boneyard

I have never seen a set of receivers......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
with that type of performance at this level of football. Frankly, I would not expect it at the high school level. Every single one of them should appologize to Johny Mac who played a respectible game.

Honestly, I am speechless.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just out of principle that production matters Isiah Moore should not start next week.

I would really like it if the coaches told the team as soon as they got in the locker room that starting position for WR is wide open and who ever performs best this week is gonna start.

Sometimes a shake up is needed to get everyone's attention and to get them to pick up the pace.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'ld certainly consider it. And I would be willing to bet Cercisimo is toast after this season. I'm not being emotional about this either - I have literally never seen anything like that display of trying to catch a football at this level.

Reaction Score
No doubt about it that was bad. The Wrs were a huge part of the problem, jmac missed bad on a couple of wide open guys for long gainers. Who knows, they'd probably dropped the passes anyway. We are hard to watch offensively, there is no other way to say it.

Reaction Score
Sit them all. You could get that production out of backup offensive linemen who would be grateful for the chance to catch the ball. Also revoke the scholarships for most of these guys. They have been pitiful.

Reaction Score
Sit them all. You could get that production out of backup offensive linemen who would be grateful for the chance to catch the ball. Also revoke the scholarships for most of these guys. They have been pitiful.

Facepalm.png

Reaction Score

c'mon, man

Reaction Score
While they haven't had a Heisman candidate (or even conference POY candidate) throwing them the ball, the sad fact is that none of the receivers can be considered reliable.

It reminds me a little of the Men's basketball team from a couple of years ago when they didn't have a consistent 3 point shooter on the roster. Every other team they played had at least one player (either a role player or a star) who was a 3 point threat. Somehow, UConn did not even have one.

It's the same thing with the WRs, TEs, and backs for the past 2 seasons. No one has come to the program with or developed a sure set of hands while here. And I'm not even talking about circus catches. Just when it hits you in the hands, you catch it 90% of the time.

Reaction Score
While they haven't had a Heisman candidate (or even conference POY candidate) throwing them the ball, the sad fact is that none of the receivers can be considered reliable.

It reminds me a little of the Men's basketball team from a couple of years ago when they didn't have a consistent 3 point shooter on the roster. Every other team they played had at least one player (either a role player or a star) who was a 3 point threat. Somehow, UConn did not even have one.

It's the same thing with the WRs, TEs, and backs for the past 2 seasons. No one has come to the program with or developed a sure set of hands while here. And I'm not even talking about circus catches. Just when it hits you in the hands, you catch it 90% of the time.

no one is worse then us when it comes to dropping passes its not a problem for Mac, CUSA teams or even some 1-AA teams

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Catching the football is so simple and fundamental that I can not come up with a comparable in basketball for what we witnessed today.

Reaction Score
Is no one going to recognize how good Kash was today? He has been the one constant all season long. Clutch player. I'm going to miss him.

Reaction Score
K. Moore definitely made some big plays, and will be missed next year. Maybe it's where my head is at this morning tho, but there are 5 plays that still bother me: the opening k.o. return (that looked like bad HS football coverage); I. Moores drop across the middle in the 1st qrtr (a big gainer that gets us into FG range and gets some momentum going); K. moore's drop in the 3rd (big drive killer when we were moving to take the lead), the roughing the punter (we would've had the ball in UL territory, and instead they drive for a TD); and McCummings under throw to a wide open WR in the 3rd (at the very least we are deep in UL's territory, at the best it goes for 6).

Reaction Score

I'd say more like 98% of the time when it hits you in the hands and you are wide open, like yesterday. Louisville receivers were making impossible catches, running full speed, covered, 30 yards downfield. No way our guys make catches like that. Our receivers are just very weak. Most receivers are going to be looking downfield every once in a while so they drop a sure pass. But our receivers drop about 50% of the catchable balls. Whenever someone actually makes a catch, we are thankful. We have learned not to "expect" that the ball will be caught. It shouldn't be that way. Yesterday was shameful.

Reaction Score
K. Moore definitely made some big plays, and will be missed next year. Maybe it's where my head is at this morning tho, but there are 5 plays that still bother me: the opening k.o. return (that looked like bad HS football coverage); I. Moores drop across the middle in the 1st qrtr (a big gainer that gets us into FG range and gets some momentum going); K. moore's drop in the 3rd (big drive killer when we were moving to take the lead), the roughing the punter (we would've had the ball in UL territory, and instead they drive for a TD); and McCummings under throw to a wide open WR in the 3rd (at the very least we are deep in UL's territory, at the best it goes for 6).
How about the wide open pass that was caught, then the receiver kind of caught it like a punt, and fell sideways out of bounds, when he could have caught it with his hands, stayed in bounds and scored. Or all the drops by Nick Williams on the quick slants.

Reaction Score
How about the wide open pass that was caught, then the receiver kind of caught it like a punt, and fell sideways out of bounds, when he could have caught it with his hands, stayed in bounds and scored. Or all the drops by Nick Williams on the quick slants.
Yup. Oh, there are many to point out. Too many in fact. Those just happen to be the 5 that were top of mind.

Reaction Score
It's not enough to say we had 10 dropped passes. One guy can always have a bad game, but the question is why we're so many having a problem ? What are we unaware of?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
We've had two above average WRs since DanO left. Terrence Jeffers(-Harris) and Marcus Easley... they're both pros now. I don't think it's any accident that the only time we've had even halfway respectable passing games is in 2007 and 2009... I know people love to beat on the QB, but I think this has been the common theme through 4 different starting QBs. I know I'm being pretty harsh and I don't think I. Moore, K. Moore, Nick Williams, etc. are bad players. I think they'd be great as the 3rd or 4th WR on a team.. maybe it's the coaching... I hope the new staff can turn it around.

Reaction Score
I have been complaining about Cersosimo the past few years...hoped he was gone when Edsall left...now it is time for him to go! Year after year this is the MOST under achieving group on the team...and since they are good enough to get a scholarship to play football at the highest college level they should be halfway decent players. Add to this underachieving performance the fact he is recruiting coordinater and now the talent level is being questioned. Some of that falls on him!

Reaction Score
I've been saying for years that our recievers are not BCS quality as a group. It has contributed to our quarterback woes over the years. Our guys not only don't make tough catches, they make too many errors on simple plays. I didn't keep count of how many drops there were, but the paper said 9. A couple of times quarterbacks missed guys, but that is going to happen. But I've never seen that many guys drop that many balls...Someone who can make a catch has to be the highest priority in recruiting.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I just don't get the people bashing on McEntee after that game. He wasn't the reason we lost. People act like the last four years didn't happen and we had awesome WRs and suddenly they can't catch a ball because we're starting McEntee.

Of course if only we started Nebrich, or Dennis Brown, or Billy Cundiff... whatever...

Reaction Score
We missed Mike Smith this season .. big time... He and Kash were the most consistent WRs for us last season... He would've helped out a lot in what should have been his final season here IMO... Hopefully he makes it back to finish up strong in the '12 season....

( Side note on this kid.. did you know? He was the ONLY kid to come in who actually caught 80 plus balls in one season while in HS? He's the ONLY WR I'm aware of we've had come here in our BCS era who actually CLEARLY showed as being a WR , if you take a look at production - receptions... IMO, we need to find another PRODUCTIVE WR .. not a 30 to 50 catch WR who is a pure athlete... Gimme a guy that showed on the HS level he can catch the football consistently in a game... 80 plus catches proves it IMO )

Reaction Score
We've had two above average WRs since DanO left. Terrence Jeffers(-Harris) and Marcus Easley... they're both pros now. I don't think it's any accident that the only time we've had even halfway respectable passing games is in 2007 and 2009... I know people love to beat on the QB, but I think this has been the common theme through 4 different starting QBs. I know I'm being pretty harsh and I don't think I. Moore, K. Moore, Nick Williams, etc. are bad players. I think they'd be great as the 3rd or 4th WR on a team.. maybe it's the coaching... I hope the new staff can turn it around.

Again this falls on Randy. Heck he didn't even get Easley on the field with regularity til one third of the way through his red shirt senior year. Randy was not a good recruiter of QBs and WRs. And wasn't any better developing them or gameplanning for them. As for "I don't think I. Moore, K. Moore, Nick Williams, etc. are bad players. I think they'd be great as the 3rd or 4th WR on a team." I don't either , but that is a huge part of the problem. Randy couldn't get the ones the big boys where getting so these guys had to be the 1's and 2's. Hey, Tim Wakefield can still give the Red Sox an effective game or two, but he's not a one or a two or a three or even a four. He's a spot starter and you can't build a successful staff around him.

Reaction Score
2011 Big East WR leaders in touchdowns

1. Bailey/WV - 10
2. Sanu/Rutgers - 7
3. K Moore/UConn - 6
3. Lemon/Syracuse - 6

Sanu has 1 game remaining, Kash has 2.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
2011 Big East WR leaders in touchdowns

1. Bailey/WV - 10
2. Sanu/Rutgers - 7
3. K Moore/UConn - 6
3. Lemon/Syracuse - 6

Sanu has 1 game remaining, Kash has 2.

Watching the santini's Youtube videos, it amazing how many big catches K Moore has made in big situations - from ND in OT, to the Papa Johns "I have freaky large hands" catch, to the last drive agains USF last year, he showed up when it counted over and over again.

That being said, Sanu has 100 catches for 1011 yards and K Moore has 35 for 523 & 5 catching TDs and 1 running.

Reaction Score
Sanu is a featured part of Rutgers offense so of course he would have more receptions and yardage. You must also look at yards per catch (Sanu 10.1, Kash 14.9) and the ratio of tds to catches (Sanu avgs a td every 14 receptions while Kash avgs a td every 7 receptions). Rutgers has thrown the ball 100 times more than UConn has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom