I have lost track of 2019 recruits | The Boneyard

I have lost track of 2019 recruits

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No. The EARLY National Letter of Intent (NLI) signing period for WCBB is November 14-21, 2018. I would imagine that 2019 recruits will begin to announce their VERBAL commitments around the end of September, then sign their NLI during the early signing period.

UConn is expected to receive several commitments from this class. Some are scheduled to make their "official" campus visit later this year. I don't expect any verbals before then. I expect any serious potential UConn recruit to attend UConn's "First night" around the 12th - 13th of October. Charliebball can provide more potential UConn recruit information than I can. Following recruit verbals and commitments is not my forte. Hope this helps.

NLI Signing Dates for Prospective Student-Athletes Signing 2018-19 and Enrolling 2019-20.

Division I Basketball (Early Period) November 14, 2018 November 21, 2018
Division I Basketball (
Regular Period) April 17, 2019 May 15, 2019

To bring you up to speed, here's a list of the most coveted recruits on UConn's "wish list" for 2019, along with their ESPN/Prospects Nation ranking and other colleges of interest.

Laeticia Amihere - King's Way Christian, Canada 6-3 F 2 - Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, ND, Stanford, UCLA, others

Aliyah Boston - Worcester Academy, MA 6-4 P 11 16 Louisville, others. Has visited UConn.

Aubrey Griffin - Ossining HS, NY 6-0 W - - Louisville, Miss. State

Jordan Horston - Columbus Africentric HS, OH 6-1 CG 6 3 30 -
Ohio State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCLA, Louisville, and UConn.

Haley Jones - Archbishop Mitty, CA 6-1 W 5 14 ND, Oregon, Stanford, Texas, UConn made home visits Mar 2018

Last edited by a moderator:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No. The EARLY National Letter of Intent (NLI) signing period for WCBB is November 14-21, 2018. I would imagine that 2019 recruits will begin to announce their VERBAL commitments around the end of September, then sign their NLI during the early signing period.

UConn is expected to receive several commitments from this class. Some are scheduled to make their "official" campus visit later this year. I don't expect any verbals before then. I expect any serious potential UConn recruit to attend UConn's "First night" around the 12th - 13th of October. Charliebball can provide more potential UConn recruit information than I can. Hope this helps.

NLI Signing Dates for Prospective Student-Athletes Signing 2018-19 and Enrolling 2019-20.

Division I Basketball (

To bring you up to speed, here's a list of the most coveted recruits on UConn's "wish list" for 2019, along with their ESPN/Prospects Nation ranking and other colleges of interest.

Laeticia Amihere - King's Way Christian, Canada 6-3 F 2 - Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, ND, Stanford, UCLA, others

Aliyah Boston - Worcester Academy, MA 6-4 P 11 16 Louisville, others. Has visited UConn.

Samantha Brunelle - William Monroe 6-2 F 1 4 Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, NC State, ND, So Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Wake Forest

Leilani Correa - Rutgers Prep, NJ 5-10 CG 21 44 N/A

Jordan Horston - Columbus Africentric HS, OH 6-1 CG 6 3 30 scholarship offers including all top schools. Haven't found list of interests

Haley Jones - Archbishop Mitty, CA 6-1 W 5 14 ND, Oregon, Stanford, Texas, UConn made home visits Mar 2018

Charisma Osbourne - Windward School, CA 5-9 PG 22 11 Coached by former Stanford player Vanessa Nygaard

Think you can take Brunelle, Correa, and Osborne off that.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Think you can take Brunelle, Correa, and Osborne off that.

Thanks, corrected. The last thing I want to do is post erroneous information. You can tell I don't keep close tabs on recruits that commit else where. I clipped and pasted this from Nan's list. She needs to update her list too. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

UConn is expected to receive several commitments from this class. Some are scheduled to make their "official" campus visit later this year. I don't expect any verbals before then. I expect any serious potential UConn recruit to attend UConn's "First night" around the 12th - 13th of October. Charliebball can provide more potential UConn recruit information than I can. Hope this helps.
Sluconn and Coco will most likely have more information regarding which recruits will make it to First Night..............UConn surely needs at least one '19 big and a guard/wing to commit this year...........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Boston will be in the 3 x 3 tourney, so she'll miss First Night (along with some 2020 recruits). I expect Haley Jones et al. to be there.

Reaction Score

Division I Basketball (

Jordan Horston - Columbus Africentric HS, OH 6-1 CG 6 3 30 scholarship offers including all top schools. Haven't found list of interests

Horston gave this list to the Columbus newspaper in mid-June: “Ohio State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCLA, Louisville, and UConn.”

Zia Cooke also named UConn in a top five list for the Toledo newspaper.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Horston gave this list to the Columbus newspaper in mid-June: “Ohio State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCLA, Louisville, and UConn.”

Thanks, updated. :D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Unless this is a recent development Cooke dropped UCONN in Mid April. Horston will visit UCONN in September.
April 12 Post.
Zia Cooke has dropped UCONN form her list of schools stating: UCONN was not an option for her because they were "full".

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks, corrected. The last thing I want to do is post erroneous information. You can tell I don't keep close tabs on recruits that commit else where. I clipped and pasted this from Nan's list. She needs to update her list too. :D
The list was updated on 8/13/18.
upload_2018-8-13_12-21-8-png.33684

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Jordan Horston - Columbus Africentric HS, OH 6-1 CG 6 3 30 -
Ohio State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCLA, Louisville, and UConn.

I'd be good with that class. :D

Reaction Score

Hope they are not recruiting Zia Cooke! Amazing unlimited talent but also out of control way too often! I don't believe in cases like hers that it can be reined in nor do I think she wants her game changed.
Bronx23

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hope they are not recruiting Zia Cooke! Amazing unlimited talent but also out of control way too often! I don't believe in cases like hers that it can be reined in nor do I think she wants her game changed.
Bronx23
Don't believe UCONN is still recruiting Cooke but I could understand why they would because her talent is undeniable. If UCONN is not recruiting her it is only because they believe they have better options which is arguably. Arguable because those other options might include (Clark & Van Lith). In 2017 Cooke outplayed Clark (Started, shot better, more steals, more rebounds). In 2018 she outplayed Van Lith (shot better, more steals, more rebounds). The strength of Cooke's game is getting to the basket and drawing fouls. Cooke lead the team in FTA in both 2017 (by a wide margin) and also in 2018. The down side of Cooke's game is what you point to "out of control"-in both 2017 & 2018 she had an assist ratio below 1=not very good. The part about being reigned is also arguable. Cooke started both 2017-18 way too amped an out of control. In 2018 during the exhibition and first two game Cooke either shot the ball every time she touch it or turned it over-I'm not exaggerating! To Carla's credit Cooke played much better as the tournament went along. What was most noticeable to me is that when Cooke came in to the games 2-6 she made a immediate defensive impact.
Cooke is going to come into college a top 5-10 talent in the class with enough skills to make an impact in college. Her school choice is critical, if she is determined to remained "unchanged" then she will graduate the same as she came.

Reaction Score
I agree that Cooke is an unlikely UConn recruit but you have to admit a back court duo of Horston and Cooke would be remarkably dynamic and probably as athletic as any in the country............of course Geno would need several Costco sized boxes of throat lozenges and Advil to get through their freshmen season.............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I agree that Cooke is an unlikely UConn recruit but you have to admit a back court duo of Horston and Cooke would be remarkably dynamic and probably as athletic as any in the country..of course Geno would need several Costco sized boxes of throat lozenges and Advil to get through their freshmen season...
Horston would be dynamic regardless of who she is paired with and highly dependent on who is doing the coaching. I also think Horston days in the backcourt @ the 1 or 2 are numbered until she gets to the WNBA. In college Horston will be a nightmare 3/4 offensively and DPOY caliber player > Gabby Williams.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Horston would be dynamic regardless of who she is paired with and highly dependent on who is doing the coaching. I also think Horston days in the backcourt @ the 1 or 2 are numbered until she gets to the WNBA. In college Horston will be a nightmare 3/4 offensively and DPOY caliber player > Gabby Williams.

Horston at the featured position in UConn's offense previously occupied by Maya/Stewie/Gabby. She has all the requisite skills and mindset.

Reaction Score
A bit nerve wracking to be this late in the year with no verbals when a strong class will be needed.

The current 2019-20 roster:
Dangerfield (Sr), C Williams (So), Walker (Jr), Ono (So)
Camara (Sr), Gordon (Jr)
Coombs (Jr), Bent (Sr), Irwin (Sr)​

Doesnt seem like a murderers' row. Could use some frosh impact players for next year and the year after.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. Although if she comes to UConn I think there will be occasions where she plays the 2.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A bit nerve wracking to be this late in the year with no verbals when a strong class will be needed.
The current 2019-20 roster:
Dangerfield (Sr), C Williams (So), Walker (Jr), Ono (So)
Camara (Sr), Gordon (Jr)
Coombs (Jr), Bent (Sr), Irwin (Sr)​
Doesnt seem like a murderers' row. Could use some frosh impact players for next year and the year after.
Agreed, been saying that for a while now. UCONN (at minimum) needs a starter (in the post) + 2 regular rotation players for 2019 and another starter (PG) in 2020 + and additional rotation player to remain in championship contention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom