I Have Faith In HCBD | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I Have Faith In HCBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think UConn fans are feeling more patient with Diaco now that we have had Midnight Madness and the hoop team looks good. I know I am.

It's funny. As football was growing I couldn't pay any attention to hoops until the bowls were over. NOW, I'm looking forward to hoops and worrying less about football (or I will be once the season starts). Although the dumpster fire of a home BB schedule isn't making me feel great.

It's posts like these that makes me wish this board had an "agree" button.

Reaction Score
Each day I look for a new thread that will offer some unemotional analysis of what is the current state of husky football. Today I was again disappointed. Let me start by stating what I perceive to be some facts. Notice that I’m not listing things such as talent level, offensive schemes, personnel decisions, etc.

FACT: HCBD is about the most competitive person that we could have ever hired to guide husky foot from the abyss.

FACT: HCBD and his staff have enough football experience to understand what it takes to win at the major college level and have not just suddenly decided to throw all that knowledge away.

FACT: HCBD and his staff “on average” probably know a little more about football than each and every boneyarder.

FACT: This team is the most difficult to watch of any husky football team that I have watched in the last 20 years.

So in spite of all of the yelling and screaming I have done either at the Rent or watching TV for our two away games this year, I couldn’t be more optimistic. Why, you may ask. Am I delusional?

FACT: HCBD is a goal oriented planner and has lived his whole life based on that premise. His professional coaching future is based on succeeding at UConn. He will do it the right way, but it’s guaranteed that he will do whatever it takes to succeed.

FACT: HCBD will not take shortcuts. It might hurt now, but that is one of his most important assets.

FACT: HCBD has a passion to coach. Passion at the top of an organization results in passion throughout an organization.

I do not think that HCBD plans to make UConn his final stop. Is that a bad thing? I don’t think so. UConn is just part of his long term plan to be a highly successful head football coach. He will live and die National Flag Blue until UConn is at the top of the mountain. He won’t care what criticism he hears during his UConn journey. Behind the scenes, 24 hours a day, he is planning what he needs to do to have the team improve. Behind the scenes he is demanding that each and every player and coach is doing what it takes to win. A person in charge that wants to win as badly as HCBD, will accept nothing less.

Can we argue about who should be getting more reps at a given position during a particular game? Sure. But that’s small potatoes. What’s going on behind the scenes (including their recruiting) is what’s most important.

Mark it down. Sometime in the future, after HCBD has turned this program around, we will all be frantic wondering if we can ever get someone as good, to lead the huskies again. Take a deep breath. We are eventually all going to enjoy this ride.

I actually thought it might take a little longer, but I KNEW it would eventually happen. (I DO like to capitalize for for emphasis).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom