I have a question regarding our April recruit thread. | The Boneyard

I have a question regarding our April recruit thread.

Reaction Score
Do we discuss possible recruits, recruits that have committed to other programs, players not recruited by UConn ( but we find videos on the net and WE like them). Players who can dunk? Or all of the above? The Pissot discussion is soooooo annoying on a UConn recruit thread.

Reaction Score
Do we discuss possible recruits, recruits that have committed to other programs, players not recruited by UConn ( but we find videos on the net and WE like them). Players who can dunk? Or all of the above? The Pissot discussion is soooooo annoying on a UConn recruit thread.
Feel better now? Relax, it’s only about 5 months until the team starts practices.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
My contribution:
This forum is for fans to discuss UConn's 11 National Championships; UConn women's basketball recruiting; Coach Geno Auriemma; music; trivia, etc.

Reaction Score
The recruiting thread is meant to follow players of interrest, either proposed or followed but like all other threads it sometimes go elsewhere, some people here don't realise they can start another thread

Reaction Score
Sort of .... the Lou thread was starting to bothering me, seems like I wasn't the only one ...

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
You are not wrong MDoggie. The Senchal and recruiting thread are out of control. I think the intent of the recruiting thread should only be about recruits UConn is pursuing. I'm fine with what ever Sluconn does because the content a lot of times is faces and names to remember for future references.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Threads on this board do have a tendency to drift at any time, and especially post season, but ...
There are usually some threads that have been kept pretty clean:
1. Recruiting thread
2. New signee welcome threads
3. Portal threads
probably a few others I am forgetting.

For some reason this spring and specifically post NCAAs, these threads went a bit haywire - not sure if it was new posters, extra angst from the first championship game lost, or some other motivating factor. Hopefully it is a momentary wrinkle in our boneyard universe and will be smoothed out in a short time?

Reaction Score
People complain about others derailing threads with tangential discussions, while they themselves often derail when they want to discuss something tangential. For example 2 pages about language fluency the other day on a thread. No complaints there. The main difference is some people don't complain about it all the time. If you don't like a discussion, skip it.

Reaction Score
French is my language and I didn't partcipate in this duck**g thing
I hoped Lou's thread would be a good one, it wasn't

Reaction Score
People complain about others derailing threads with tangential discussions, while they themselves often derail when they want to discuss something tangential. For example 2 pages about language fluency the other day on a thread. No complaints there. The main difference is some people don't complain about it all the time. If you don't like a discussion, skip it.
It's true. You could literally post this same topic about most threads in the BY. Given the person who posted this has disliked most of the comments like this, which are entirely true, I'm going to say they don't really care about an honest answer and just wanted to complain. I mean it says UCONN recruiting thread, so it's pretty obvious, people are just gonna say what they want regardless of the thread topic b/c that's what happens all over the place here.

Reaction Score
I'll opine that ;)

It is for news, info and opinions regarding commitments and prospects who are believed to be on UConn's radar for the upcoming class ANDprospects in future classes whom posters think UConn might have an interest in during the future.

It is not for discussion of prospects like Janiah Barker who have expressed no interest or antipathy towards UConn or players like Pissot who have committed/signed elsewhere (especially Notre Dame or Tennessee ).

Reaction Score
This may be the most exciting thread in the history of the BY.

Will I Live to see 85?
(Here's something to think about.)

After having to choose a new primary care doctor, I was curious.
After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, she said I was doing fairly well for my age. (I am north of 75).
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking her, 'Do you think I'll live to be 85?'
She asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor?'
'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'
Then she asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?'
'I said, 'Not much... My former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'
'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'
'No, I don't,' I said.
She asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?'
'No,' I said.........
She looked at me and said, 'Then, why do you even give a s—t

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Recruits, POI'S if we kept it to only the players UCONN is recruiting it would be a very small list to follow. We don't always know if we have offered a player a slot or not. I for one want to know about the top players, do we have a shot to get them what the skinny is on them plus their thoughts if available. I want to know if a hotly sought-after player decides to go elsewhere or is still on our radar.
If a player commits elsewhere list it and then let it go, tired of seeing a lost chance beaten to death. Keep in mind that even if we lose out on a recruit her decision may affect us for another 4 years. I want to know as much about the youngsters coming up down the pike as possible. The place with the most info regarding younger players that will or may influence the Husky Nation is on our very own Recruiting thread, my all-time favorite BY thread. If there is a little side tracking at times, I'll take it cause what I get from the thread far outweighs what I would lose if only 4 or 5 players were in the mix.
Those of you who contribute to my fav thread keep up the great work. I and many others would be in the dark without you. :cool:

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
i used to moderate a board that had nothing to do with sports. The staff tried to keep comments on topic. We failed, repeatedly and miserably. I'm glad for that. Some of the off-topic remarks were educational and others were hilarious.

Meanwhile, back at the Boneyard…

Here we are not allowed to discuss the P-word. That's a GOOD THING, as Terry Pratchett would say. So we drop our party preferences and some folks turn into raging anarchists. It's all downhill from there, but sometimes a fun ride.

5686D8C6-813E-4E22-8EA5-E5B11470BE0E.jpeg

Reaction Score
It's true. You could literally post this same topic about most threads in the BY. Given the person who posted this has disliked most of the comments like this, which are entirely true, I'm going to say they don't really care about an honest answer and just wanted to complain. I mean it says UCONN recruiting thread, so it's pretty obvious, people are just gonna say what they want regardless of the thread topic b/c that's what happens all over the place here.
unfurl="true"]DOGGO EYE ROLL! (MEME
#4) I’m reporting you to the commission!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Why do you read the posts if they cause you a mental imbalance?

Reaction Score
Ever since I received ungodly recruiting news and she who shall not be named commitment to the baby blues, I have not been the same. If we don’t receive a commitment soon from a top 10 2023 recruit, I will be forced to complain about “Need” post again!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom