I Hate Duke | The Boneyard

I Hate Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And if Kentucky had won last night, I would be rooting for them against Duke. There is no way that Calipari is less lovable than coach K and his band of entitled McD frat boys. And there's no way that I want Duke marching ahead of us in national championships. Last night Calipari gave all the credit to Wisconsin and put all the blame on himself, while K was going on about how enchanting it was to be in the final 4. Please. It made me want to throw up. Sorry but just the way I feel. Go Badgers!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
saying that to my friend last night...i would've struggled, he said he would've wanted duke to lose no doubt... now it's even easier!!! DUCK FUKE!!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Big difference between the two coaches imo. Yeah both got built up by the media in a less than fair way relative to the remainder of the pool of schools. But K is no where near the slime ball behind the scenes crud that exists compared to the squid. There is a reason why Calipari has a Sherman type of history with his past schools.

I was not going to watch the final game if it came between Kentucky and Duke. But I would have been only uncomfortable with a Duke victory. I would have felt a whole lot worse with a Kentucky victory and watching that smug face prance around with fake humility.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Kentucky is a clear #1 in my hatred ranking over #2 Duke. It comes down to the coaches. Calipari is sleaze I have great respect for Coach K. My hatred for Duke is based on the love fest the media has with them and friendly competition. With Kentucky, it's the INEXPLICABLE love fest the media has with Calipari and the Kentucky program and the fact that Cal is an .

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hate Duke, but for me they were the lesser of 3 evils. If MSU or KY won, that would have pushed their coach closer to JC's level. I didn't want that. K already has the accolades.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No problem - Wiscy has destiny written all over them this year

Reaction Score
I hate Duke, but for me they were the lesser of 3 evils. If MSU or KY won, that would have pushed their coach closer to JC's level. I didn't want that. K already has the accolades.
In what way is MSU and Evil?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In what way is MSU and Evil?
I was riffing on the term, "lesser of two evils". I take it you have never heard of it. It refers to being confronted with two bad (but not necessarily evil) choices and picking the one that is least bad. Anything else I can help you with?

Reaction Score
I was riffing on the term, "lesser of two evils". I take it you have never heard of it. It refers to being confronted with two bad (but not necessarily evil) choices and picking the one that is least bad. Anything else I can help you with?
Either you changed your post or I completely read it wrong no need to get snappy.

Reaction Score
Duke supported UConn to the ACC. I believe that they are less evil that most here think. If you want to talk evil, talk BC and FSU. They are the true enemies of UConn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
At some point along the way towards the Big East's destruction, Duke voted seven times to allow seven Big East teams into the ACC and none of them were UConn.

If you think Duke "supported" UConn, you probably still leave teeth under your pillow.

Reaction Score
At some point along the way towards the Big East's destruction, Duke voted seven times to allow seven Big East teams into the ACC and none of them were UConn.

If you think Duke "supported" UConn, you probably still leave teeth under your pillow.
In the last and probably most important round, Duke was on UConn's side. I'm just sayin' if one is lookin' for evil, there are a lot worse out there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

West Virginia fans can access Twitter because of the generosity of the Tooth Fairy. If she took a few months off we'd almost never be reminded about just how great the Big 12 is.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I would be rooting for Duke HEAVILY vs Kentucky. Kentucky is just the worst. All their wins will be vacated anyway. Its like Cal doubled down on his sleazy recruiting tactics once he got there. Their team itself is also completely classless.

Reaction Score
A tough choice that I'm thankful I didn't have to make. If it did come to it, I'd probably root for Kensucky knowing that they would have to vacate it anyway.

Reaction Score
If there's a UCONN fan rooting for Duke tommorrow I want to hear from them, can't imagine it.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
If there's a UCONN fan rooting for Duke tommorrow I want to hear from them, can't imagine it.
My ex, who grew up in Coventry and went to UCONN, did her masters at Duke and will be cheering for them tomorrow. I tried to talk her out of it but she still lives in NC and there was no changing her mind. I'll never understand women.

Reaction Score
My ex, who grew up in Coventry and went to UCONN, did her masters at Duke and will be cheering for them tomorrow. I tried to talk her out of it but she still lives in NC and there was no changing her mind. I'll never understand women.
Should've qualified it to not having attended Duke.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I would be rooting for Duke HEAVILY vs Kentucky. Kentucky is just the worst. All their wins will be vacated anyway. Its like Cal doubled down on his sleazy recruiting tactics once he got there. Their team itself is also completely classless.

This would have been one of those games were I would have been rooting a fist fight after... something along those lines... something to tarnish the legacy of both programs... or maybe dare I dream... twin vacated seasons!

Reaction Score
We finally caught Dook with #4 last year, I don't want them passing us 12 months later.

As for UK vs Duke, Duke was always the clear cut #1 villain (I liked UK quite a bit during Pitino's era, they were an awesome team to watch and generally had very likable players) but Calipari pushes UK over the edge for now. Once he leaves UK, via the NBA or violations, Duke will return to #1 on the most-hated list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom