I had to say this | The Boneyard

I had to say this

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I have had it with the AD doubters. There are a few people who worked really hard to make this happen and good for them. Thank God for KO, Glenn Miller and Andre's Uncle Phil and so on. For you doubters, once you get away from the 3 ball teams when you play Pitt or Cuse, etc... you will be glad you have Andre on your side.
I have zero patience or sympathy for you. Just had to get this off my chest.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I have had it with the AD doubters. There are a few people who worked really hard to make this happen and good for them. Thank God for KO, Glenn Miller and Andre's Uncle Phil and so on.

Also, Michael Bradley who deserves the most thanks.

Reaction Score
Haven't been followimg the men'sBB board but just am amazed at how fast AD gets down the floor and it doesn't look like he is working hard to do it. There is no winning in these early games even when we win. Last year with the Maui tourney the wins were meaningfull and then we came back and had the early tuneups to make Coach and fans grumble. AD and AO will kick butt once the shooting starts. As far as the early season games being close it helps the team figure out how to adjust and win in the absence of Kemba. It's better than 30 point blowouts. The team is getting tougher every game.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Anyone know when they're supposed to demask him?

Reaction Score
they said 6-8 weeks once the injury happened, which was about 3 weeks ago.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Once he learns how to be aggressive without fouling so much, he's going to take off.

Reaction Score
Once he plays against guys closer to his size he won't commit as many offensive fouls. He's been called for quite a few offensive fouls simply because when there is contact between him and an opposing player the other player is thrown to the floor because of the size difference.

Reaction Score
He's also got 18 offensive rebounds while averaging 17 minutes a game. Because of 12 fouls (most on the team), he never seems to be able to get into the flow. Today's game will feature a frontcourt of 6foot 5 guys, so he'll have to be careful about fouling. Once the Big East starts, he be fine!

Reaction Score
Today would be a good opportunity for AD to use his size to help him put up a dominant game offensively. But in order for that to happen, he needs to stay out of foul trouble, establish good position, and the guards need to get him the ball.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm kind of surprised UConn doesn't just lob the ball to AO/AD for alley-opps all day against some of these smaller teams, like Kansas/Kentucky do, well Kansas was doing it against Duke, but...

*Side note: I know they probably don't do it for a few reasons: 1) it really wouldn't work against good teams and could create bad habits, and 2) AD is still learning to create space on offense and 3) AO seems to not jump as high on offense as he does on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom