Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Iona beating them 37-5 right now.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I didn't see this post when i posted mine. it was 43-8 when i was posting. Holy that's a bad half.

Wake on a bit of a run so it's 48-19, but how nice would it have been if our first half looked like that lol...

to be fair Iona is 8-9 from beyond the arc and has a guy who is 5-5 with 19 points. Think Wake needs to get a body on that guy sheesh...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe that part of our performance last night could be blamed on jet lag (we logged quite a few air miles in a very short period of time) and I hope part of tonight's Wake performance is merely a let down after believing for most of the game last night that they could beat us.

Reaction Score
Harris and Miller-McIntyre are 0-9 from the field. They couldn't miss against UConn.

Reaction Score
Its the UConn jersey effect. Had our team loaned Iona our jerseys WF would have played differently.

Its a compliment to us.

Reaction Score
Who cares. We beat Q tomorrow night and we are in the final.

Reaction Score
Was having dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and was in the bar where the TV's are and the scored popped up on the ticker, at the time it was 25-3 and I truly thought I was seeing things could not believe it. This kind of scares me about playing the Q. What do you think?

Reaction Score
Was having dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and was in the bar where the TV's are and the scored popped up on the ticker, at the time it was 25-3 and I truly thought I was seeing things could not believe it. This kind of scares me about playing the Q. What do you think?

umm how about you re-watch the Mich St game, I'm sure that might ease your worries....And yea as Kitaman said its the UConn effect. Teams bring their all when they play us. The name on the front of the jerseys carry more weight then whats on the back when its comes to a school like uconn. Wake is a young team so their play will be somewhat unexpected every night. They might knock of Duke one night and get beat by Miami the next. Same with Uconn, we are a young team, except we got more talent and KO so our highs will be more consistent and our lows not as low as Wake's.

Reaction Score
Anybody know where I could watch the game from yesterday online?

Reaction Score
I know there's no such thing as the transitive property in sports, but it makes me a little uneasy that we just narrowly beat a team that might be #250+ in the RPI.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know there's no such thing as the transitive property in sports, but it makes me a little uneasy that we just narrowly beat a team that might be #250+ in the RPI.
Why? wake actually beat Iona in the 2nd half, but they obviously had a horrid start to the game. they played great against us, competently against Iona in the 2nd half, but horribly in the first half.

Just like we played great against MSU in our first game. You think on most nights we'd beat any of the top 10 teams? Maybe, but probably not. Work in progress. I've learned over the years you can't say things like, "well we beat MSU, they beat Kansas, so we are better than Kansas". Nor can you do the converse and point out that Iona blew Wake out of the gym so therefore Iona would beat us, or that we didn't have a solid win over Wake...

Reaction Score
And Wake will beat someone who beat someone who hammered someone else........blah blah blah........

Honestly who gives a crap? Iona didn't beat QU and we get to play QU.....pretty sure that's all that matters 9PM tonight!

Reaction Score
I am in STT and excited to see the team live- been since the FF in Detroit. Beautiful day in the islands.

My friend said there was a NM fan standing up in front of them all game ( my seats) and told them to $&$! Off when they asked him to take a seat- might get chippy if we beat the Q.

Reaction Score
I am in STT and excited to see the team live- been since the FF in Detroit. Beautiful day in the islands.

My friend said there was a NM fan standing up in front of them all game ( my seats) and told them to $&$! Off when they asked him to take a seat- might get chippy if we beat the Q.

Alright Scot-e give'em hell tonight but enjoy the day......not too many umbrella drinks though we need you ready to suit up!! lol....have fun.......wear a red 'fro or something so we can find you!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Alright Scot-e give'em hell tonight but enjoy the day......not too many umbrella drinks though we need you ready to suit up!! lol....have fun.......wear a red 'fro or something so we can find you!

What t-shirt did you say in chat you would be wearing? I forget if it was something about "10 toes" or the escalator or what. How about write Boneyard on your forehead with a thick Sharpie?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wake was moving pretty well on D against us. I guess the loss took the life out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom