I Guess the Sentiment=No Gamethread Huh | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I Guess the Sentiment=No Gamethread Huh

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We were up by 11 in Waco. I don't understand why the Irish are not up by 15 on a neutral court. :)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It must be so strange to play on a team with someone like Griner. It's almost like playing 4 on 3 or something, because if they are constantly doubling her down low and you can't get her the ball, you have to figure out a way to score when the offense clearly flows through her. I'm surprised Baylor doesn't use her to run more high screen and rolls to the basket, seems like she would be unstoppable.

Obviously the low post-up works as well, since she's got 21 points, but just think if she developed a little 10-foot jumper....man. That would be ridiculous. She actually has a good handle, too. I am very impressed with her abilities, and she gets just pushed around down there like nobody else.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
They are just mauling Brittney...and FINALLY they called a foul. Good Grief!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
You know, Diggins plays pretty terrible D. She consistently lets her man get a step on her and then does that stupid reach-around. She doesn't seem to hustle back, either. Watch her jog up the court in transition. Ugh. Not a fan.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Novosel, Peters and Mallory are going out like chumps here. Griner to her credit is playing like a champion, but those seniors/five year players are playing like the moment is too big for them. I hate to sound mean, but they have 8:35 to prove me wrong.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
You know, Diggins plays pretty terrible D. She consistently lets her man get a step on her and then does that stupid reach-around. She doesn't seem to hustle back, either. Watch her jog up the court in transition. Ugh. Not a fan.
she does kind of float around.

Reaction Score
Man ESPN loves Skylar, don't they? She can do no wrong...
ESPN loves Griner. Seems like every time I look at the screen when the game's not going on, Griner's face or stats are there.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Novosel, Peters and Mallory are going out like chumps here. Griner to her credit is playing like a champion, but those seniors/five year players are playing like the moment is too big for them. I hate to sound mean, but they have 8:35 to prove me wrong.

It's all about class...and I am not talking Sophmores, juniors and seniors...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Novosel with a doughnut: 0-10. Why couldn't she have missed 1 more shot on Sunday?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Just saw a tweet that said Kelly Jolly at the last minute turned down the Auburn job, because she's now a coach at Tenn.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't understand all the talk about making history at 40-0. It's an undefeated season which is impressive every time it happens. But the difference between 39-0 and 40-0 is one OOC game against an unmatched opponent. The previous undefeated teams that went 39-0 had to win the same number of NCAA tournament games. And by the way, there's a team that had 2 back-to-back undefeated national championship seasons and won 12 more after that to go 90-0. Talk about the undefeated season and how impressive that is, but enough with the 40 wins versus 39 wins. It's window dressing.

Reaction Score
the tone for the game was set with Peters getting 2 quick fouls.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Just saw a tweet that said Kelly Jolly at the last minute turned down the Auburn job, because she's now a coach at Tenn.
The plot thickens...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't understand all the talk about making history at 40-0. It's an undefeated season which is impressive every time it happens. But the difference between 39-0 and 40-0 is one OOC game against an unmatched opponent. The previous undefeated teams that went 39-0 had to win the same number of NCAA tournament games. And by the way, there's a team that had 2 back-to-back undefeated national championship seasons and won 12 more after that to go 90-0. Talk about the undefeated season and how impressive that is, but enough with the 40 wins versus 39 wins. It's window dressing.
That extra cupcake clearly pushes this season over the top for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom