I guess I don't get the panic... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I guess I don't get the panic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Craziness.

Adams, Enoch, Brimah, Hamilton, Purvis, Cassell are all must see TV for NBA scouts.
TSam And Lubin would start for the football team is they wanted to play that sport.
Every guy Ollie has recruited has been an athlete.
Ollie was all over Prince Ali when no one had heard of him. Ollie knows talent.
Some one who really wants to go to UConn will let it be known. He will be a player.
Relax and enjoy the ride and worry about the Lakers landing Okafor's nephew with the first pick.

Reaction Score
This has been a funny argument to follow.
It would be crazy to panic over loosing out on our last four recruits with all the good thing that have happened but, I don't think anyone has really done that (maybe a stray or 2 ?).
What I see our people looking for how to improve this process or looking for the cause of this problem and others taking great offense at the thought that their might be room for improvement.
We lose both wings we spent months recriting plus a third we went after Clarke visited plus Briscoe. Here are the responses to the suggestion that we learn something:
1) WE are UCONN we win Championships w/o talent. (To follow that logic getting Stone and Newman would destroy us.)
2) In KO we trust and he is as developed at recruiting as he will ever could be.
3) We are doomed by the AAC even though all the wings went to conferences as low or lower.
4) We got Enoch & Adams, doesn't that mean we stop trying)
5) We have too many wings, even though half of them are PGs. Wait until Purvis and Hamilton are gone before recruit for those positions. After all Adams came here in spite of all our guards but Mack & Clarke are too good to compete with Omar and a possible Hamilton. (I know some will jump to say posssibly Purvis, TSam & Jr could play the 3 but I would remind you to look at Adam's example and risk saying all of the above are at least as likely to play PG as SF. I say more likely
5) Only UK stacks up talent. And Duke, Kansas, Ariz., Fl.,UNC,. "Ville. In other words our peers.

I am not the least panicked. I love our Team, our coaches and our 2 recruits. Also, recruiting is not over. But I think these conversations take on the tone of a loyalty pledge where doubters get attacked. If you think for one second that KO and crew are not looking at how to recruit more efficiently/effectively, I think you are wrong. And I think posters have a right to notice that we wen't 0 for 4 recently and discuss it.
Dude- what's with the yelling? I am bit hung over today- could ya keep it down?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Sometimes it comes out bold even when I'm feeling introspective.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Gives me an idea of Waquoit's income bracket.

Waquoit is one of the brighter guys around here. That's a much better predictor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom