I gotta ask | The Boneyard

I gotta ask

Reaction Score
How can you claim any credibility as a women’s basketball announcer if you cannot pronounce correctly the name of the greatest coach of all time? Were you not paying attention during any of the past 12 final fours? It is NOT Au-ri-AH-ma!!!! Sheesh.

Reaction Score
How can you claim any credibility as a women’s basketball announcer if you cannot pronounce correctly the name of the greatest coach of all time? Were you not paying attention during any of the past 12 final fours? It is NOT Au-ri-AH-ma!!!! Sheesh.
Yes, the renowned CBS WBB expert A.J. Ross: "Nelson-Ododio", corrected later to "Nelson-Ododo." You would think that even if the announcers aren't familiar with the sport, CBS would at least hire professionals who do their homework. @#$%^&*???

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I see your name pronunciation, and raise you one. How about they were talking about Evina Westbrook, and then said she wasn't there. Yes, they corrected it...but to say it.

Reaction Score
I see your name pronunciation, and raise you one. How about they were talking about Evina Westbrook, and then said she wasn't there. Yes, they corrected it...but to say it.
Yeah that one definitely caught me by surprise, because right before that little segment I was wondering if she was there or not.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Yeah that one definitely caught me by surprise, because right before that little segment I was wondering if she was there or not.

They showed Evina more than once. She had her hair different.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The male announcer also pronounced the last name Toi (she is from France) TOE-ee a couple of times.

Reaction Score
Tonight’s broadcast and other national broadcasts make me think that the new guy on SNY really isn’t bad. He seems to focus on the players and action going on instead of talking about irrelevant stuff as so many of these announcers do.

Reaction Score
After the couple of fouls were called, the announcers couldn't stop babbling long enough to tell us who exactly the foul was called on. That is terrible when the camera doesn't show the foul for us to see.

Reaction Score
Some of their pronunciations were ridiculous. Didn't do their homework. Julianne actually said Katie Lou. When Lou was playing for UConn it was always Katie. Lou said either Katie Lou or Lou.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom