I found my team, the Bonnies | The Boneyard

I found my team, the Bonnies

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
They were fun to watch tonight. Undersized, tough, grit, effort, athletic... , and the finished the season strong.

Pulling for them to beat FL Thursday . After that I might be looking for a new team.

On a side bar, was funny to hear Prince Ali's name, think we were in the running until Caron Butler committed or something . Guess he wasn't a one and done

PS: just chill

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I have to go with Cal State Fullerton. For one semester in the early 80s, all of classic Social Distortion (Mike Ness, Dennis Danell, Brent Liles, and Derek O'Brien) studied there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Good choices.

I’m going with Texas Southern.

These guys spent two months on the road playing everyone and anyone just to pay the bills for their athletic department.

Look up their schedule - it’s insane. They played a murderers’ row and didn’t get a home game until the new year.

Toughest team in America.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Nevada. My hometown and the AD is 1993 (I think) UConn alumnae Doug Knuth. If they hadn't lost their PG, Larry Drew Jr., to a season ending knee injury they would be a Final Four contender.

Reaction Score
According to my father, an angry UCLA fan, Alford will be available soon...

Reaction Score
My golf partner played for the Bonnies on the Bob Lanier team so I guess I'll have to pull for them but those uniforms make them hard to watch.

Reaction Score
Nevada. My hometown and the AD is 1993 (I think) UConn alumnae Doug Knuth. If they hadn't lost their PG, Larry Drew Jr., to a season ending knee injury they would be a Final Four contender.

This, and the possibility to play (and beat) Cinci to get to the sweet 16. Chance to see Eric Musselman coach against a potential future conference foe. If Hurley turns into a bidding war, he could be a cheaper, yet good, option.

Reaction Score
I like the Binnies but I’m rooting for UNC Greensboro. Would love it if they somehow met the uppity UNC and beat them.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Can they win without him? I see them losing to Cinci

Reaction Score
Fun tidbit, Jaylen Adams's younger brother Brendan is committed to Hurley at URI

Reaction Score
On a related note, what's with UCLA?

Great school, great location, storied history, pro prospects and pretty good recruiting classes...

Outside of '95 and a few years of Ben Howland it's amazing that they seem incapable of being anything but mediocre.

Reaction Score
Duke.

I enjoy clean excellence.
My goodness, what has happened to you?! It is spelled D-O-O-K and if you type another sentence describing Dook as clean and good instead of ratfaced and whiny I'm personally sending Grayson Allen to trip you & Rod Sellers to pound your head into the ground once you are down.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
My goodness, what has happened to you?! It is spelled D-O-O-K and if you type another sentence describing Dook as clean and good instead of ratfaced and whiny I'm personally sending Grayson Allen to trip you & Rod Sellers to pound your head into the ground once you are down.

My nutritionist has me limited to a thousand calories a day this week. And none of them can be Arby's. Im having withdrawl and halluciantions.

But I do love Bagley Jr. and the way K can run a clean program and out recruit slimy Calimari.

Grayson Allen is tragically misunderstood.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I like Arizona to win it all.

I like Bonnie’s to the S16.

I like Texas Southern.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
On a related note, what's with UCLA?

Great school, great location, storied history, pro prospects and pretty good recruiting classes...

Outside of '95 and a few years of Ben Howland it's amazing that they seem incapable of being anything but mediocre.
They have had some nice runs the past 5 years

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My nutritionist has me limited to a thousand calories a day this week. And none of them can be Arby's. Im having withdrawl and halluciantions.

But I do love Bagley Jr. and the way K can run a clean program and out recruit slimy Calimari.

It's not the calories or the Arby's
To say anything like that on that level- how much nitrous did you enjoy listening to Hartford 3/14/81????

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
While I'll go KU first and WSU second, I'd love to see St. Bonaventure do well. A former boss of mine used to play for them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I liked this, but probably because I've been on 500-600 calories a day for the last 6 weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom