I Felt Good About the Game Yesterday When..... | The Boneyard

I Felt Good About the Game Yesterday When.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I saw Daniels hustling for rebounds outside his zone and running down the ball. There was a play yesterday when Brimah got a block and Daniels immediately snatched it before anyone else had a chance. Without looking at the box score, I thought Daniels was close to a double double at the half.

And KO's in game coaching. He shortened the rotation, kept things on a short leash and used two TO's very wisely. First one was when UConn got down in the first two minutes. He wasn't waiting for the team to find its groove and rythymn. He didn't wait but 90 seconds in the second half to park Olander's butt on the bench. And the second well-timed TO was at about the 13 minute mark when UCF cut the lead to six. He called the TO and calmed the team down. They quickly built it back to double digits and stepped on UCF's throat to finish the game.

Reaction Score
Spot on Chin………TO played lazy slow defense and missed a chance to get a 50/50 ball and he was gone……Boat also after a couple lost assignments on D hit the pune soon after and yes, the TO's were much more timely. KO is learning……….

Won't hear much from freescooter until they lose again…...;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Spot on Chin………TO played lazy slow defense and missed a chance to get a 50/50 ball and he was gone……Boat also after a couple lost assignments on D hit the pune soon after and yes, the TO's were much more timely. KO is learning……….

Won't hear much from freescooter until they lose again…...;)

To paraphrase the immortal philosopher Martha Stewart, "That's a good thing."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I saw Daniels hustling for rebounds outside his zone and running down the ball. There was a play yesterday when Brimah got a block and Daniels immediately snatched it before anyone else had a chance. Without looking at the box score, I thought Daniels was close to a double double at the half.

And KO's in game coaching. He shortened the rotation, kept things on a short leash and used two TO's very wisely. First one was when UConn got down in the first two minutes. He wasn't waiting for the team to find its groove and rythymn. He didn't wait but 90 seconds in the second half to park Olander's butt on the bench. And the second well-timed TO was at about the 13 minute mark when UCF cut the lead to six. He called the TO and calmed the team down. They quickly built it back to double digits and stepped on UCF's throat to finish the game.
Some of the things KO has done which we consider wrong is inexperience. But some of it is about things that he's trying to do with the team based on his every day encounter with the players that we have no clue about. So we're doing some back seat driving when we point out failures with his coaching.

Everything about KO makes me believe he was a great person to replace JC. I felt that way from the beginning and nothing has made me change my mind. We are very lucky JC helped getting him hired. Some of us are upset that there are roles in the hierarchy of the university that were violated and there certainly is evidence that supports them. Certain coaches have superseded their position and have caused problems at universities. But JC is different. He bled UConn as much as he wanted to succeed for himself. He wasn't being capricious about wanting KO as coach. He wanted UConn to remain relevant. And he has an eye for talent and diamonds in the rough.

In a few years even skeptics like freescooter will recognize this.

Last edited:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Also notable was Pat Lenehan logging his first assist of the season. 14 pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom