I feel very very good that as the season moves on | The Boneyard

I feel very very good that as the season moves on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
we will be able to incorporate both Adams and Enoch much more. This team will ultimately switch time at 5 with Brimah and having Enoch as the back upI think playing small is ok but having a big body out there like Enoch might have changed a few thing when Brimah went down w fouls. When Adams gets going- and Enoch i incorporated it will give us an incredible push up. I dont feel bad about losing--we lost to a good team that played well. Losing a game is not the worst thing--it can show you what you need to work on what switches you might need to make but I know what we have here. Ill say it now Adams and Enoch will change the season around the halfway point.

Reaction Score
What have you seen so far that makes you think Enoch will play a meaningful minute this season?

Hes the biggest guy on the team and in the limited minute you can see the talent--no way we wont use him.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I can hopefully see Adams improving, adjusting and being a more meaningful contributor.
Enoch, the limited time we have seen him, to me, has better hands than AB, is bigger and wider than Facey and has been mobile - but why haven't he been used more?
I think he could have snared a few of those rebounds today

Reaction Score
Honestly I think Facey should get many more minutes at the 5. Great rebounder, good hands, will finish anything Brimah can and more, arguably better J, more athletic, and nearly as capable a rim protector.

Reaction Score
Enoch from I have seen of him looks pretty good and he is the biggest and strongest player on our team. But he is very raw. I am confident he will find his way into the line up but he needs to refine his skills. Physicality and strength is a quality that we've been lacking since 2012 before then we were the best. But on the bright side we have a great recruiting class coming in with 3 first rate big men so this problem can be fixed. I like our guard play for the most part though. Hamilton is a star. But we need someone who can step up and can take over a game (like Boatright, Shabazz, and Kemba).

Reaction Score
Honestly I think Facey should get many more minutes at the 5. Great rebounder, good hands, will finish anything Brimah can and more, arguably better J, more athletic, and nearly as capable a rim protector.

He's been so much better on the offensive end there's no doubt about that, I'm impressed. But watch him on his man, he's lost he really is. He and AB have not learned anything defensively and that's a factor as to why neither play more than they do, it really is.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Oh hell yes. Seriously, Facey needs more time. Loving his growth. As for AB...he needs to "get it" soon. I swear he locks in on the ball and the world dims.

Reaction Score
Whether Enoch is raw or not he's 6-10.6250 with long arms and he's active.Hes no stiff. You put him in there next game against lower comp and try to keep him in. I think Nolan has earned 3rd big and we could use all 3 .But I think keeping big at the basket is important for us. The God warriors are the only team that can get away with playing a6-7 c. Jim Calhoun would always play the biggest guys who ca protect the rim. Even though brima made some mistakes on offense he was playing big at the rim some of those fouls were questionable. I would've come in with 6-11 250 let him clog the paint we needed that in the 2 nd half. Thing is we have it he's in the arsenal

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
we will be able to incorporate both Adams and Enoch much more. Ill say it now Adams and Enoch will change the season around the halfway point.
I agree that both players have tremendous potential and if they realize even half of that potential this season, then they will be difference makers and this team will be scary good by March. I hope that you are right. It is easier to see Adams get there but if both do...watchout!

Reaction Score
What have you seen so far that makes you think Enoch will play a meaningful minute this season?

Could he have been worse than AB? And, why is a four time national champion having to deal with a "project" big man who is backed up by a freshman, project big man. Where are the "good to go's" and why are they not lining up to play for KO. Are they all with Calipari?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Could he have been worse than AB? And, why is a four time national champion having to deal with a "project" big man who is backed up by a freshman, project big man. Where are the "good to go's" and why are they not lining up to play for KO. Are they all with Calipari?
Jahlil Okafor doesn't grow on trees, sorry

Reaction Score
I was surprised Enoch didn't play, but he probably would of struggled guarding a three point shooter

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

It's called lost scholarships, recruiting sanctions, and a head coaching change.

Reaction Score
Nolan is not our future at backup center. Enoch has natural gifts that will surpass AB but he needs floor time to harvest them, and yes he will foul. Maybe he'll get it in conference play against cupcakes, but we need him to get it, and there is a price to be paid for letting him get it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Nolan is not our future at backup center. Enoch has natural gifts that will surpass AB but he needs floor time to harvest them, and yes he will foul. Maybe he'll get it in conference play against cupcakes, but we need him to get it, and there is a price to be paid for letting him get it.

From what I saw in the first few games, Enoch has issues guarding the perimeter. Against a team that has an immobile big man, I think he can play some quality minutes.

Reaction Score
From what I saw in the first few games, Enoch has issues guarding the perimeter. Against a team that has an immobile big man, I think he can play some quality minutes.

I agree but who of our bigs can guard the perimeter besides Miller?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I agree but who of our bigs can guard the perimeter besides Miller?

None of them are great, but Enoch didn't even look like he belonged on the floor. Brimah and Facey make mistakes out there but they can hang, not sure Enoch's ready for that part of the game quite yet. He'll get better.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Why do you care about the future? Right now is all that matters. Given the experience and maturity of the players, the team this year arguably projects to be better than next. We are going for a Championship here.

Nolan gives us a better option on defense, and is far smarter within the structure of the offense. And he provides quality screens, which frankly, this team could use right now. He didn't play enough yesterday.

Reaction Score
You can see in that 2nd half right away both Adams and Enoch gave the physical athletic presence this team will need from the 5-1. Brimah is the starter Enoch should back up Miller at 4 Facey his back up. Nolan 5th big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom