I Feel like we Won | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I Feel like we Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alums, students and fans. WE ARE UCONN. We pay tuition, donate money, purchase tickets, pay taxes. WE ARE UCONN. Without us there is no University let alone a football team.

Stop being a doosh.
Uconn is Uconn. We are all fans and cheer them on. I still stand by what I saw. Your view and mine differ. Cool.

Reaction Score
Wow. Now we are into moral victories and exhibition games. Program hasn't slipped much, eh?

Not a moral victory. As bad as "we" have sucked through the first 6 games an effort like this is appreciated. For once we looked like we actually knew what we were doing out there. For the first time since the BYU game I feel like we might win more than 1 game this year. I think that is what people are happy about.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but I'm far beyond moral victories.

I'm happy we didn't embarrass ourselves, I'm happy we hit hard, I'm happy we actually played pretty good, but we still lost.

At the end of the day, at this point, in our fourth year of losing, the only thing that will feel like a win is an actually victory over a quality opponent. Stony Brook don't count

Reaction Score
I watch football to be entertained & last night's contest was the first all season that I found UConn football as entertaining. That they came back from a 10-doughnut deficit & were in the game until mid-4th quarter against a quality opponent was an accomplishment. Now this team has to learn to win games like this.

Reaction Score
willie99 said:
I'm sorry, but I'm far beyond moral victories. I'm happy we didn't embarrass ourselves, I'm happy we hit hard, I'm happy we actually played pretty good, but we still lost. At the end of the day, at this point, in our fourth year of losing, the only thing that will feel like a win is an actually victory over a quality opponent. Stony Brook don't count

That's not the point. The point is we have five more games, and it looks like we might have a shot to win a couple of them.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
The players are still playing. That is a win for HCBD.

I think we've seen the bottom and are on our way up.
And while it may not be a straight slope up, I feel like it is probably where the trend is going to go.

We aren't out of the woods yet and we will still see some bumps, but I agree we are off the bottom

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I was at the game last night with 30 UConn fans. What a great atmosphere. The ECU fans were terrific. Many of them welcomed us to the game and were happy to have us there. That was until UConn tied the game at 14 apiece. Let's just say the 34,970 fans knew UConn had some folks in the stands. Most of us were upwards of 65, but we felt like we were teenagers again. We were jumping up and down, screaming, and doing UConn cheers.

There were at least 10 young kids in front of us smiling at the old dudes going wild. I told them "let this be a lesson for you. You can get old but you don't have to grow up!" Their parents and other older fans enjoyed going back and forth with us even as they were sweating bullets. And they were sweating quite a lot after that 14 - 0 start. The game was so exciting it was hard for us to comprehend the stat of total play disparity.

I want ECU to win out and represent the AAC. Their fan base deserves it. Maybe in two years, when UConn will be favored (I still believe Diaco will get the program on track) they won't be so gracious. But for now I'm rooting for them. Hope some of you can get a chance to catch a game down here in the future!

Maybe I'll see some of you at the bb games at ECU!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
But we are 1-6 though so were losers, I get what your saying its better then getting your ass kicked but we lost, moral victories are for losers.

So if we played at Alabama and lost by say 1, your response would be "what a bunch of losers"? That's pretty sad. Sports is entertainment, and that was entertaining. It's also educational, and those kids learned that if they work hard, execute and give their all, they belong on the field with a top 25 team in a hostile stadium. But I'm sure you don't see any value in that.

I guess all of our national championship basketball teams were a bunch of losers because they all lost games. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I understand people want to win, but if you've watched us play any football this year, you certainly have to have lower expectations than being a Top 25 team on the road.

I think of us (reasonably) wanted to see some forward progress. Just any glimmer of hope that things could get better. And we did. And it felt good.

Sure, I'd love to win, but at this point, I'm absolutely taking moral victories, because I want to believe we made the right hire and that he's pushing this program in the right direction. I don't need a miracle worker. I just want to be competitive and win some football games again.

I can't even remember the last time we threw long completions through the air for TD's. It's been so long I've actually forgotten. It was exciting and actually watchable. I'll take it.

Win a few more games this year and I might even be excited for next year. We'll see!

Reaction Score
I understand people want to win, but if you've watched us play any football this year, you certainly have to have lower expectations than being a Top 25 team on the road.

I think of us (reasonably) wanted to see some forward progress. Just any glimmer of hope that things could get better. And we did. And it felt good.

Sure, I'd love to win, but at this point, I'm absolutely taking moral victories, because I want to believe we made the right hire and that he's pushing this program in the right direction. I don't need a miracle worker. I just want to be competitive and win some football games again.

I can't even remember the last time we threw long completions through the air for TD's. It's been so long I've actually forgotten. It was exciting and actually watchable. I'll take it.

Win a few more games this year and I might even be excited for next year. We'll see!

Agreed...

Man oh man it was nice to see CW make loooong completions to guys not named Geremy Davis and Deshon Foxx... Norwalk"s Noel Thomas along with Thomas Lucas were SOLID last night.. We found something last night... D Bradley was solid in the slot too...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Wow. Now we are into moral victories and exhibition games. Program hasn't slipped much, eh?
Some of the fans are trying to find reasons to hope that the program will trend positively after years of decline and mediocrity. And that is okay because they are fans.

As far as the coach:

“There are no moral victories,” Diaco said. “We didn’t come here to play well, we came to a win a football game and we didn’t.”

Clear enough?

Reaction Score
If people want to dismiss the whole "moral victory" idea, fine. But based on the absolute stinkers this team had played up to now, I'm just thrilled they were that competitive in a game against a team of that caliber. Hopefully it's a confidence booster and they can win a few more on the scoreboard before season's end.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't feel homicidal like I did after Stony Brook, USF and Tulane.

The team is what it is. Close losses are about all we can hope for.

Reaction Score
The offense was terrible the last 3-4 drives when the defense was exhausted, too much to ask of them at end.

I know Whitmer had a good game for him, I still want Boyle. I fail to see why we won't give him the reps at this point. We already know Whitmer is inept and will leave with a win % below .400.

Yes, it was a better effort, but want to see this building for the future.

That was the best our offense looked all year. It's not a win but I feel the offensive coaches are finally figuring it out.

Reaction Score
Not a big fan of his from the last three years but Whitmer earned the opportunity to stay on field last night as he played well for most of the game and might have pulled it out if we did not get passive in our play calling once we tied it up.

Reaction Score
The defense did its thing. Defense line solid. Impressed with jhavon Williams. Tight coverage. Felt he was on his man even the touchdown pass he was there. I also felt the pass int was a weak call.
Before ANYTHING positive can come about our offense the line needs to block and PASS PROTECTION needs to be there. Last night we looked like an average offensive line. That is great. We can build from there. We can pass which hopefully will free up the run. Hats off tonReceivers played well. Glad to see lamelle used. All the units can STEP UP once offensive line can play average to above average

Reaction Score
At least the college football has a little respect for us now after last night's performance. This coaching gig does come with high expectations. No one who truly matters wants UConn to fail.

Reaction Score
Summers did some good things last night subbing for Byron. Our young DB's have alot of potential. Drew a few flags but were right there in coverage more than not. Nobody folded, they competed and played exciting FB.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There were some good performances last night... but Williams got beat like a drum all night. ECU was a drop or two away from hanging 550+ passing yards on the secondary.

Reaction Score
So if we played at Alabama and lost by say 1, your response would be "what a bunch of losers"? That's pretty sad. Sports is entertainment, and that was entertaining. It's also educational, and those kids learned that if they work hard, execute and give their all, they belong on the field with a top 25 team in a hostile stadium. But I'm sure you don't see any value in that.

I guess all of our national championship basketball teams were a bunch of losers because they all lost games. :rolleyes:

That's a terrible analogy, you are not defined by one game, you are defined by your record you are what your record says you are, a below .500 team= losers by record. It was a step in the right direction now what do you do from here to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom