I Feel Bad for USC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I Feel Bad for USC

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I kind of feel bad about how we embarrassed USC. I think A'ja is great player, and has been a class act for the most part - and I hate to see her go out that way.
UConn isn't losing this year, and I can't wait to get payback against Miss State. They're on our radar, and we won't be caught off guard this year.
The Trojans weren't embarrassed by UConn. Reggie Bush took care of that.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would imagine Geno might prefer UL, and no because of the result earlier this year.

the whole "revenge" angle would just be a distraction compared to facing a no-story Louisville team. It's just all about taking care of business.
Plus Geno and Walz have some kind of a bet on the line if they meet in the National Championship. I believe it involves a case of wine.

Reaction Score
I read all the comments over at COCKYTALK, and for the most part they were brutal and merciless and directed towards their coach, But here are two that made me laugh.

1."Our guards can't dribble, shoot or pass. That's a problem."

2. "The suspense ends early when we play UConn."

Exactly, why for the second half teams play UConn even? One other note, I believe A'ja made some comment they have had a "target" on their back for being the defending national champs...after only one year. A'ja probably now knows what UConn has been dealing with for so many years.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's called autocorrect-I can't reply or like anything to do with the *#4enal soccer club being Man U guy so it automatically changes the spelling to "beer" which prompted you. I am changing that function now for the autocorrect to convert it to "Captain"...which I happen like better than beer...:)

Sorry about that, I guess the good news is I was thinking of you...
SWIDH?

AP_Morgan_Tuck_hb_160405.jpg

Reaction Score
We did NOT embarrass SC their coach did....;)

If you are such a vengeful person why the sympathy for another team.. ? :confused:
I felt bad just based off of Aja's crying... Have a heart bro. Geesh!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I felt bad just based off of Aja's crying... Have a heart bro. Geesh!
Umm, you realize the 63 teams will have lost in this tournament and the only 1.56% of all the women playing will end their season happy right? I am glad you have empathy for 98.4% of all the women in this tournament no matter how illogical it is, I mean it is a sport, right? As they say, all good things must come to an end-So on Friday, should I feel bad for Westbeld and Nelson when they cry? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I don't think SC should be embarrassed. When we shoot lights out, like we did the other night, no women's team in the country is coming within 20 points of us. NOBODY.
Agreed-no one was going to beat UConn when they are shooting like this. Still curious at SC's strategy to not only hold ball but only take shots in paint. No one has ever beaten UConn being this conservative.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'm glad they went out with a whimper. They were getting too cocky.
Too cocky. South Carolina Gamecocks. Don't know whether the pun was intended, but I'll take it! ;)

Reaction Score
Agreed-no one was going to beat UConn when they are shooting like this. Still curious at SC's strategy to not only hold ball but only take shots in paint. No one has ever beaten UConn being this conservative.
I agree, even the SC fans are questioning the strategy. Since we usually take good size leads into the second qtr, how would you ever catch up by slowing it down, and shortening the game?

Reaction Score
USC has a lot confident players but thats usually the case when you're the defending national champions. MSU has a lot of confident players also but that should be the case when you've lost only one game all year and the last time you played in a national semi final game you snapped a 111 game winning streak :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom