I feel bad for Len Elmore | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I feel bad for Len Elmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It doesn't look like he is aging very well. Maybe Patrick is driving him to drink. I also heard Patrick make a couple of mistakes. Especially on fouls. Ref uses his hands and fingers to the scorer table, player holds arm up and Patrick still calls the wrong player. Even another player on opposite team! "oh wait, the foul is on...." Didn't Patrick call college football for years?

Reaction Score
I was told that they called the game without actually being at the arena, but merely watching their own TV feeds, I thought I was being put on, is that true? Were they actually in Orlando or someplace else?

That is correct. A couple times the camera missed plays and they couldn't even help clear it up. They are already both over the hill and taking them out of the arena just compounded the issues. I'm sure no one at ESPN really gives a sh1 though.

Reaction Score
I actually like Mike Patrick. Maybe it is because his voice makes the game sound like a big time event. Sure he is over the hill and misses a lot but who really counts on play by play guys for analysis? I know I don't. Also like Musberger for football and liked Rizzuto for baseball. I could very well be guilty of bad taste.

Reaction Score
The announcers are like background noise to me while watching. I'm laughing that the op spends the game counting the commentators mistakes. I'm in if its a drinking game

Reaction Score
Its not like he's much better, I thought him getting on Purvis for him passing up that midrange shot for a wide open corner 3 to Gibbs in the first half was ridiculous. If he worked a Warriors game he would probably have a stroke, they pass up shots at the rim for 3s.

Elmore literally said Purvis gave up a 15' footer that gets made 50% of the time for a 3-point kickout that gets made 30%-35% of the time. As if that's a low percentage play.

I actually shook my head when he said that. I may have even groaned.

An unguarded corner 3 by Gibbs is probably a 45-50% shot considering he's a career low-40s% 3-point shooter and wide open corner 3s are the easiest 3pt shot to make. Worth 1.42 expected points.

A mostly unguarded paint pull-up is maybe 60% from below FT line, if you include some chance of a put-back, etc.. Worth 1.2 expected points.

0.22 points per shot is the difference between a 40% shooter and a 50% shooter. It's a lot. It's also the difference between an exceptional defense and a bad defense (for example UConn .89 ppp #2 in country vs. Jacksonville St 1.11 ppp #316).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom