I feel bad for Flowers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I feel bad for Flowers

Reaction Score
I don't. Who felt bad for us the last 5 years? Not a single BC fan I'm sure.
Five years? Five years? Five years??????
No attack @noeynox but it has been 16 years BC has got 30 mill a year according to ESPN pre game show. I agree with you!
But three times that and some change. ;)
:D

Reaction Score
This is the most important victory we've had in a decade, I feel bad for nobody on BC. BC kept us out of the ACC when we desperately needed a life preserver. I hope they lose every game forever until they fold the program.
This right here. My completely unrealistic hope is BC keeps sucking enough that the ACC wants to give them the boot and look for another New England team to fill the void.

Reaction Score
Bitter group up in here it seems. Get over it. Enjoy the win, but no the kids playing for BC now or then had anything to do with UCONNs self-inflicted issues during conference realignment chess. Or leadership at the time just thought we were playing checkers.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong but the last time we shut down a player that dynamic at home and won it it was Robert Griffin

Reaction Score
True fans are not bitter they are fanatics and it surely makes sense to hate everything Boston College!

Reaction Score
This right here. My completely unrealistic hope is BC keeps sucking enough that the ACC wants to give them the boot and look for another New England team to fill the void.
Giving BC the boot is not the answer for the ACC as is realizing a great rivalry exists in the northeast market.

Reaction Score
This is the most important victory we've had in a decade, I feel bad for nobody on BC. BC kept us out of the ACC when we desperately needed a life preserver. I hope they lose every game forever until they fold the program.
This is clearly an important win because of the regional rivalry and the state of the program, but where does it rank historically? Unless I’m forgetting something, it’s probably the biggest win since Houston. I believe the best win in UConn history is ND for many reasons. Is this one Top 10? Top 15? Any thoughts?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Fwiw - Zay Flowers was heavily recruited by Edsall 2.0. We seemed to have his attention for a short while, then BC came in and that was that. Nice player- should play in Sundays. Not sad he didn’t have a great game against us though.

Reaction Score
Bitter group up in here it seems. Get over it. Enjoy the win, but no the kids playing for BC now or then had anything to do with UCONNs self-inflicted issues during conference realignment chess. Or leadership at the time just thought we were playing checkers.

I'm not sure what you're expecting people here to say. It's not like Flowers tore an ACL or a close family member died. He's a good player who had a tough game. It happens. Should we send him sympathy cards for it? What is this? Nobody here has bashed him. We're just happy about the win.

Reaction Score
I sense we have many younger posters here not familiar enough with the BC defection from Big East and the reported blocking of UConn from the ACC - like the person who started this thread.

While those days are behind us, they do not allow sympathizing for a player who will go on to make millions in a year or two from BC. Furthermore, there was no display of sportsmanship or exceptional play from this player - only him looking like he would have rather been anywhere else than E. Hartford on Saturday.

Sorry, dude, our guys showed up to play.

While entertaining thread, it is time to spend more time recognizing the achievement of the players and coaching staff this past Saturday.

Reaction Score
Yeah it sucks being the best player one of the worst teams in the country, but Flowers is going to get paid because he's undoubtedly getting drafted. I don't feel bad for him, but I can empathize with his struggle right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom