I don't want to slip way in the darkness of the night. | The Boneyard

I don't want to slip way in the darkness of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I box my office up in the middle of the day. I was sure to see everyone I possibly could and thank them for the opportunity to serve. And then I wanted to tell those players how much I loved them and what I had hoped for them in the future.

-not Randy Edsall

Reaction Score
It's so funny, because he is so clearly referencing departure situations like Randy's. Bob Freaking Diaco goes back to Notre Dame and packs his own office up during business hours and shows a measure of humanity. It would have been so easy for Randy to do the same.

Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
It's so funny, because he is so clearly referencing departure situations like Randy's. Bob Freaking Diaco goes back to Notre Dame and packs his own office up during business hours and shows a measure of humanity. It would have been so easy for Randy to do the same.

He had built up so much positive cred here, and in the profession.... and then does something really stupid like that.... It's difficult to understand ....even to this day. That's why BD is such a breath of.... no, actually ...a GUST of fresh air!

Reaction Score
I box my office up in the middle of the day. I was sure to see everyone I possibly could and thank them for the opportunity to serve. And then I wanted to tell those players how much I loved them and what I had hoped for them in the future.

-not Randy Edsall

You are the master of the repetitive, beaten to death threads. What's next on your agenda? The perils of zone blocking?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He had built up so much positive cred here, and in the profession.... and then does something really stupid like that.... It's difficult to understand ....even to this day. That's why BD is such a breath of.... no, actually ...a GUST of fresh air!

It really is shocking how RE left. Still doesn't make sense. You have to wonder what the real reason was that he did it that way. I just can't fathom such a lack of judgement from someone that I think always stood for integrity, class and respect.

I still appreciate what he did for the program, but it is amazing that one act at the end of a long tenure can sour my opinion on his whole career at UConn.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Really? Yet another thread about this?

How fresh! How exciting and new! Maybe I was wrong to give Sportsart a hard time about looking at the past instead of looking at the future. Don't I feel foolish!
Really! Lmao!

Reaction Score
You are the master of the repetitive, beaten to death threads. What's next on your agenda? The perils of zone blocking?
Yes, I am the master, thank you for the acknowledgement.

When will I get over it and forgive and forget Edsall is a classless man --NEVER!

Reaction Score
It really is shocking how RE left. Still doesn't make sense. You have to wonder what the real reason was that he did it that way. I just can't fathom such a lack of judgement from someone that I think always stood for integrity, class and respect.

I still appreciate what he did for the program, but it is amazing that one act at the end of a long tenure can sour my opinion on his whole career at UConn.
I agree. for the longest time I was of the opinion that he and Hathaway had a deal and Hathaway knew he was leaving but they agreed that given what he did for the program, he would get to coach the Bowl game. But given the events after the game, I am now convinced that I was totally wrong.

Reaction Score
I've noticed that Pal's postings went off the rail sometime last year around our second loss to Western Michigan in two years...like he went off his meds or something. Might be time for a Boneyard or Star Trek intervention. Somebody get George Takei on the phone stat!

Reaction Score

Shaky, the company line is that after the Fiesta Bowl, at the hotel bar, everyone was having such a good time, even though they lost, it was an experiential thing, there was such a sense of bonding, fraternity, good feeling, camaraderie, that Randy just couldn't bring himself to ruin that special moment. And everyone was expressing their feelings about what a special moment this was, how they could never re-create this moment, etc., etc., etc., (I think we've all been there once or twice), that Randy couldn't bring himself to tell them that this was the real thing, that this really was a turning point, etc., etc., etc., and he let the kids enjoy the moment. And evidently, only about a third of them were going home on the team flight anyway, so what would be the sense of him taking the plane back? All that. At least that's what I'm told.

Reaction Score
Shaky, the company line is that after the Fiesta Bowl, at the hotel bar, everyone was having such a good time, even though they lost, it was an experiential thing, there was such a sense of bonding, fraternity, good feeling, camaraderie, that Randy just couldn't bring himself to ruin that special moment. And everyone was expressing their feelings about what a special moment this was, how they could never re-create this moment, etc., etc., etc., (I think we've all been there once or twice), that Randy couldn't bring himself to tell them that this was the real thing, that this really was a turning point, etc., etc., etc., and he let the kids enjoy the moment. And evidently, only about a third of them were going home on the team flight anyway, so what would be the sense of him taking the plane back? All that. At least that's what I'm told.

There is a tooth fairy, at least that's what I'm told.

Reaction Score

I'm told that whoever told you this is full of . There were about two dozen players on that plane, with coaches, and none of them knew anything about why the were being kept sitting parked on the tarmac for a 1/2 hour waiting for Saint Randy's call. He had the stones to tell them that it was a "spur of the moment thing" while they were sitting in that plane.

Randy is and was a lot of things, good, and not so good. As we all humans are.

Reaction Score
Shaky, the company line is that after the Fiesta Bowl, at the hotel bar, everyone was having such a good time, even though they lost, it was an experiential thing, there was such a sense of bonding, fraternity, good feeling, camaraderie, that Randy just couldn't bring himself to ruin that special moment.

Damn - it must have been the only bar I missed @ the Scotsdale Princess that night! :confused:;)

Reaction Score
I'm with Palatine on this issue. As the Holocaust survivers say, "Never forget!" I was in a cattleman's style steakhouse in Tucson the day after the game, about to plunge into a choice cut of beef & all the sides, when I looked up at the tv screen in the bar & saw FHCRE's face plastered on the screen. After I read the subtitles, I almost lost my appetite. It still stings, especially toll it took on the program. I'm totally behind HCBD, & hope that he can clean up the mess & get UConn football back to major bowl eligibility on a consistent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom