I don't think we need to worry about Ollie opting out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I don't think we need to worry about Ollie opting out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Give me a break with these posts. Ollie has had some headscratching moves in game coaching this season but he's one of the best recruiters in the country and has already out coached Izzo, Donovan, Hoiberg and Calipari in the tournament. Do any of you realize how badly it would make us look around the country if Ollie was gone and how unappealing we would be to recruits around the nation?

Not as unappealing as watching the cluster-F on the court tonight.

Reaction Score
Give me a break with these posts. Ollie has had some headscratching moves in game coaching this season but he's one of the best recruiters in the country and has already out coached Izzo, Donovan, Hoiberg and Calipari in the tournament. Do any of you realize how badly it would make us look around the country if Ollie was gone and how unappealing we would be to recruits around the nation?

The bigger question is, how is the guy who outcoached all those guys now flubbing substitutions, timeouts, offensive sets, and letting the officials walk all over us?

How are these the same guy?

Reaction Score
2, 2, 1, -, 2, 1
S16, E8, S16, -, E8, NC

Our NCAAT seeding and performance from 1994-1999. What about that is anything but elite and dominant?

For 16 years from 1994-2009, we were a Top 2 seed 11 times and a Top 5 seed 13 times. 9 conference regular season champions, 5 conference tournament champions.

Regardless of conference situation or not, if we don't get back to that level, then the Syracuse/ESPN narrative of the demise of our program will have come to fruition.

I'm interested mainly in NCs.

The rest of the stuff is fluff

Reaction Score
The bigger question is, how is the guy who outcoached all those guys now flubbing substitutions, timeouts, offensive sets, and letting the officials walk all over us?

How are these the same guy?
Bro he is in officials ear after EVERY questionable call . What, do you want him to kidnap members of the refs family ?

Reaction Score
What, do you want him to kidnap members of the refs family ?

JC would have if that's what it took to earn a makeup call.

Bro he is in officials ear after EVERY questionable call .

In seriousness though, you can't ignore the fact that most games this year, his passivity has led to us being on the short end of the whistle.

Reaction Score
He will have 2 more season to succeed after this one unfortunately. I'm hoping a team with all his players and good ones at that next year will be better than what we see this year. I would like to get rid of him next year if he misses the tourney again. Not over this year but it is getting really close. We basically have to win the AAC tourney to get in. Only the AAC champ seems to be getting in this year.

Reaction Score
Bro he is in officials ear after EVERY questionable call . What, do you want him to kidnap members of the refs family ?
He has just started the last couple games after realizing that the team is desperate for some fire on the sidelines he has done it. Though anything before the Houston game he was pretty much just sitting on the bench and grimacing. I think it might be a little to late for the the fire. I wish it was there at the beginning of the year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
B.S. You knew in less than two years that Calhoun & Auriemma were special.
P.S. One hallmark they shared was discipline ( for Calhoun just basketball, not academics or off the court behavior unfortunately).

You are talking about the Best Ever in WCBB. And Top 5 in MCBB. That's not even once in a generation. It's once in a lifetime.

That guy very likely doesn't exist anywhere in the country right now. Never mind being interested in UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom