I don't know why we are playing in OT | The Boneyard

I don't know why we are playing in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We should just give them the default win at this point.
There is absolutely no justification to retain our offensive coordinator after this year's performance.
Not a single reason. I don't care how bad he feels about this. He is just not getting it done. At all.

Reaction Score
+1. How many times has Ryan Griffin gotten the ball? Deleone is an arse hole. Complains about the players he doesn't use. He sucks. Go collect social security you POS.

Reaction Score
This is my last post this week on the coaching staff. Probably not, but gonna try anyway.

There is nothing in the Ville game that changed my opinion of GDL at all. Get out after this week or our bowl game. Hopefully later rather than sooner.

That is all. I'm now pulling a Spackler. Focusing on nothing by beating Cincy and going bowling.

Reaction Score

Normal people would come back and give a "mea culpa" after this. Luckily, you just intend to stick to your guns.

Good for you.

Reaction Score
Normal people would come back and give a "mea culpa" after this. Luckily, you just intend to stick to your guns.

Good for you.
Hey, you really need to see a proctologist doctor and get that stick removed . . .

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It's hard to get on the OP about this...who didn't feel this at this point in the game? I probably said the exact same thing. UConn had not scored a TD in the second half of ANY BE game all year...and now they were going into overtime with a kicker who has already missed a FG in an overtime game and against a QB who had no problem moving the ball against a tired D in the fourth Q. You could easily smell defeat.

Maybe it is the pessimist in me...but...here is what I predicted would happen after BWW got the pick in OT. I thought on first down LM would lose 2 yards on a run up the middle I thought on second down J Mac would get sacked for a 5 yard loss. Then I figured Christen would miss a 49yd FG.

I couldn't have been happier to be wrong at that point.

Reaction Score
Everyone is the eternal optimist after the fact. Super psyched we won, Deleone led offense has yet to score in the second half of a Big East game in Regulation or maybe they have 3 points can't remember. That is six games. He doesn't inspire confidence thats for sure.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
We won this time. Chill out people. I am not burying my head in the sand, but calm down and enjoy the win for a week.

Reaction Score
There is absolutely no justification to retain our offensive coordinator after this year's performance.
Not a single reason. I don't care how bad he feels about this. He is just not getting it done. At all.

Gars,

Playing in OT was a strategic masterstroke, it gave us incredible field position. This is like the ending of "The Usual Suspects".

Reaction Score
I recognize its blasphemy, but like Temple this D needs to figure out how to close a game. the time of poss was even, so not sure why the D was so gassed. This is not a defense of coaching or O, it is simply the point that the D was given 92 yards of field, a 7 point lead and 3 minutes, and suddenly looked sub-par. I want this D to close out a game on the line. Everyone whines the O only play 2 quarters, but gives the D a pass for playing less than 4.

Reaction Score
We played 96 snaps on D versus 70 snaps on O. That's almost an entire half of football! Time of possession isn't a great stat especially when we run the ball & keep the clock grinding as opposed to Ville who threw 60+ times. Incompletions stop the clock. The pick by Blidhi set up the FG to end the game.

Reaction Score
Gars,

Playing in OT was a strategic masterstroke, it gave us incredible field position. This is like the ending of "The Usual Suspects".
I was thinking the same thing. It did give us the best field position we had since the first half. Three starts at the 25, not something we get to see a lot of.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We played 96 snaps on D versus 70 snaps on O. That's almost an entire half of football! Time of possession isn't a great stat especially when we run the ball & keep the clock grinding as opposed to Ville who threw 60+ times. Incompletions stop the clock. The pick by Blidhi set up the FG to end the game.

Just to add, the entire disparity in snaps came in the 2nd half. The O only had 24 snap compared to the D facing 52. The D was unreal. The real question is how did they not give up more points late, considering they played over twice as much as the O. The D didn't play "less than 4" quarters, they played more than 5.

Reaction Score
After the Nicky W TD run I was blown away. It was a creative unexpected play out of the wildcat! Then GDL was pleased with their one touchdown and stopped trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom