i don't know who this coonskin cap guy is | The Boneyard

i don't know who this coonskin cap guy is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This was posted on the B1G thread for those that cant find what the link is to. The guys a PSU fan. He has consistently talked UConn up for months over there. In the process he has dumped Cuse every chance he gets. I consider him one our greatest internet allies ;). Seriously though, after the months of being dumped on recently it is refreshing to hear someone from another fanbase still has respect for our program. I have bucked up for the longer ride than expected, but I feel fairly confident we will make out ok in all this.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Support from PSU, eh? Imagine if we'd hired Tom Bradley.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Was there more to read after this??
602915_526887527353926_957153066_n.jpeg

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Buffalo Lion has been bullish on UConn for some time. Are we sure it's not upstater spreading propaganda? ;) Seriously, I don't can who he is, he is good for UConn's rep. The more non-UConn fans who pump up UConn, the better.

Reaction Score
Definitely not me. Buffalo Lion has been on the McAndrew site for ages, since before I got to Buffalo. He's a PSU fan, don't know why he's on a UConn kick. But I suspect it has a lot to do with hatred of Boeheim.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn would end up being a gold mine in the Big Ten. That may suprise some people, but the recently done study Delany did was EXTREMELY positive looking 25 to 50 years out. It's amazing how well they, in combination with Maryland, Rutgers, and Virginia, would wrap around the New York City to Richmond corridor, and for the first time, cohesively mix those areas in a meaningful all sports rivalry in a Major BCS All Sports Conference that never existed before (The Big East never brought Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Nebraska to town on a regular basis).

What that would mean for basketball recruiting in that corridor to the Big Ten, with that combination of 4 schools, would be off the charts. A LOT of those kids that used to go to Big East schools and ACC schools would now be going to the Big Ten. The Big Ten would become the sole BCS presence in that corridor.

Forget UConn's out of sight basketball numbers in New York City. Because of their relatively easy access from the rest of New England, and the fact that they DO IN FACT have a following in the Boston Metro, in the Big Ten, as opposed to the Big East, they very well could make all of New England a SOLID
Big Ten region. Not just the state of Connecticut.

Of course, BIGGGG stumbling block.........AAU. But the Big Ten is VERY happy with the progress, effort, and committment by not JUST the University, but the State Government and Governor himself. The State of Connecticut has shown outstanding support towards the University of Connecticut in relation to their research efforts. The State of Connecticut could be a big asset to the CIC looking down the road as it relates to funding for joint research projects.

And as an aside to my good friend Gopher, yes, they would get all of us some pretty darn good Hockey players out of New England. They do have Division One Hockey.
biggrin.gif
Nice to read. Pretty well informed. Either he a CT guy or he's got access to a study on this issue.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
It's an interesting idea that a stable Northeastern football conference can only exist as the eastern wing of a Midwestern conference (which isn't exactly what he said, I realize.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom