I don’t only ask questions here about UConn, I go national also. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I don’t only ask questions here about UConn, I go national also.

Reaction Score
Still don't get it. Villanova hasn't always been Villanova, whatever that means. They've been up and down. Unless you mean that is what Villanova is.
I think you don’t get it. You are nitpicking the original statement. Villanova will be exactly what you have come to expect from them over the last decade. That’s the point he was making and that’s the point that literally everyone in the world understood......except for you

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Booo. So dirty. The nerve of you to bring that smack here

It's my other team man. What can I say? They certainly were the favorite and most consistent team all year. It's how football used to crown champs, so if there is one, they're it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas, the UCF of college basketball

Nah, they held a tournament. UCF didn't get in. More like every football champion before the playoff.

Reaction Score
2020. Finished at #1.
Screenshot_20200318-080842_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reaction Score
What on earth are you talking about? The writer was talking about how Big East teams will perform in the league next year and he said Nova will always be Nova. They've dominated the Big East for a while now and won 2 national championships in a 3 year stretch. Only you could possibly argue that comment.

What does Duke and Kentucky always being elite have to do with Nova always being elite in the Big East? Obviously nothing.

This is so dumb.

Villanova is up and down like any other top program.

I opened by asking what the term "always" meant. There are only 3 "always" programs in the nation. All the other top schools, like Michigan St. or North Carolina, are up and down.

Villanova has has down stretches. All you have to do is look back at it and see this is absolutely true. I asked what was meant, and he wrote competing for F4s and NCs. Only 2 or 3 schools do that. Come on, be real.

Reaction Score
UNC will bounce right back. Too much pedigree.

This has happened to them twice in 20 years though that they've gone through rough 5 year stretches. Doherty, Guthrie now Williams. Anyone would love to be Carolina, especially after Coach K. leaves Duke, but they have had down stretches.

Reaction Score
This is so dumb.

I opened by asking what the term "always" meant. There are only 3 "always" programs in the nation. All the other top schools, like Michigan St. or North Carolina, are up and down.

Villanova has has down stretches. All you have to do is look back at it and see this is absolutely true. I asked what was meant, and he wrote competing for F4s and NCs. Only 2 or 3 schools do that. Come on, be real.
It appears you're not aware of this but I didn't write the original statement. I dont know why you're hung up on my interpretation of the quote so much

Reaction Score
This is so dumb.

Nova has won 7 of the last 8 Big East seasons. Why do you always do this to yourself?
This was my Twitter question that was answered on Rivals

James Bouknight

James Bouknight (AP Images)
I am not willing to go that far, primarily because UConn wasn’t even an elite team in the AAC, and the Big East is a step up from that.
UConn should fight for an NCAA Tournament berth next year, though, which is definitely a step in the right direction. The Huskies have improved every season under Dan Hurley and that trend should continue into next season. As long as
James Bouknightreturns,
R.J. Colegets his usual buckets, a healthy
Akok Akoksees the floor and
Andre Jacksonfills in appropriately, I could see the Huskies fighting for a top-five finish in the league.

Creighton has the chance to enter next season as a national title contender, Villanova is always going to be Villanova, while Butler, Georgetown, Marquette, Providence, Seton Hall and Xavier create a super strong middle-half. Either way, UConn is on the right path and it looks as if the best is yet to come with Hurley residing over the program.

Reaction Score
Everyone sleeping on Whaley the same way they slept on Hilton. Not saying Whaley is a first round draft pick but he could be a big time PF/C next year.

Reaction Score
Still don't get it. Villanova hasn't always been Villanova, whatever that means. They've been up and down. Unless you mean that is what Villanova is.
What u mean? Villanova has been great past 6 years. 2 national titles- continuously in top 10 conversation- I think it’s safe to say as long as Jay Wright is the head coach , Villanova is going to continue to be Villanova. You don’t think year in and year out Villanova is going to contend for a national title in general every year? You really don’t understand what “nova is going to be nova” means or are you just trying to be funny?

Reaction Score
Wright became coach in 2001. Since 2005 Nova has made 14 of 15 NCAA tourneys. Kentucky missed twice (09, 13) while Duke and Kansas are 15 of 15.

Certainly Nova is top 5 program this century and given UNC's issues (not to mention UConn's), perhaps top 4.

I would also look at Duke from 1970-1980

Reaction Score
Nova has won 7 of the last 8 Big East seasons. Why do you always do this to yourself?

&? It's a nice streak. They've had stretches where they had no chance at a F4 as well. Up and down.

Reaction Score
What u mean? Villanova has been great past 6 years. 2 national titles- continuously in top 10 conversation- I think it’s safe to say as long as Jay Wright is the head coach , Villanova is going to continue to be Villanova. You don’t think year in and year out Villanova is going to contend for a national title in general every year? You really don’t understand what “nova is going to be nova” means or are you just trying to be funny?

Nova will be really good. It's the "always" part that doesn't describe them.

Reaction Score
Villanova. Wright has taken them to lofty heights and as long as he remains there and motivated then they should stay as a Top 10 program but until the 2010s it had never been so for Villanova so let's not make it seem like their current run (which is impressive) has more of a longevity than it has. In fact, our run was longer and more successful. Can't wait to get back to where UConn can just be UConn again.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Flirted with it? We were as good as anyone for 20-25 years.
Yes, flirted. We were close to becoming one of those top tier programs. We hung with em for awhile, but have since digressed. I’m not happy about it either, but it is what it is. We are not in the same league, in terms of overall and sustained program success, as Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas. We can get there again though and we will!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, flirted. We were close to becoming one of those top tier programs. We hung with em for awhile, but have since digressed. I’m not happy about it either, but it is what it is. We are not in the same league, in terms of overall and sustained program success, as Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas. We can get there again though and we will!
Lol, we're in a rebuild right now, but 4 natties in 20 years put us at the top of the list alongside Dook. This season made feel more confident that Hurley will get us back there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom