I don’t only ask questions here about UConn, I go national also. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I don’t only ask questions here about UConn, I go national also.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Lol, we're in a rebuild right now, but 4 natties in 20 years put us at the top of the list alongside Dook. This season made feel more confident that Hurley will get us back there.
I’m not taking the anti-UCONN stance. I’m one of the bleed blue die-hards. I’m just making a general statement based on watching college hoops for 30+ years. When was the last time Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas went through a stretch like ours? When you’re in that tier, you are never really rebuilding. And even if you are, you can hang with the best on any given night. We will get back there - hopefully for good. Coach Danny seems very dedicated to the cause.

Reaction Score
I’m not taking the anti-UCONN stance. I’m one of the bleed blue die-hards. I’m just making a general statement based on watching college hoops for 30+ years. When was the last time Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas went through a stretch like ours? When you’re in that tier, you are never really rebuilding. And even if you are, you can hang with the best on any given night. We will get back there - hopefully for good. Coach Danny seems very dedicated to the cause.
Kentucky - Eddie Sutton and then the first few years of Pitino. Then Billy Gillispie's short reign.

Reaction Score
Duke 1970-74

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hear you, but when was the last time the knocked out 4 championships in two decades. UNC and Duke are the only one who comes close. It's not like it is ancient history either. 4 natties in the last 21 years continues to be outstanding.

Here is a list of the most natties by school. I've highlighted in yellow the champsionships since 1999 when we won our first. UConn stands out.

1584634716689.png

Reaction Score
They made the F4 in the 60s. I'm still embarrassed by the beating we took.

Reaction Score
Yes, flirted. We were close to becoming one of those top tier programs. We hung with em for awhile, but have since digressed. I’m not happy about it either, but it is what it is. We are not in the same league, in terms of overall and sustained program success, as Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas. We can get there again though and we will!
I think Hurley is our Jay Wright ++. I would say our Calhoun but there is only one Calhoun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom