I don’t only ask questions here about UConn, I go national also. | The Boneyard

I don’t only ask questions here about UConn, I go national also.

Reaction Score
This was my Twitter question that was answered on Rivals
Can UConn return to the Big East elites in 2020? #twittertuesday
— Bigo Nelson (@bigo_nelson) March 8, 2020
https://res-2.cloudinary.com/rivals/image/upload/duckauto,q_auto,t_large/evufnboecjvntzkzv50o

James Bouknight (AP Images)
I am not willing to go that far, primarily because UConn wasn’t even an elite team in the AAC, and the Big East is a step up from that.
UConn should fight for an NCAA Tournament berth next year, though, which is definitely a step in the right direction. The Huskies have improved every season under Dan Hurley and that trend should continue into next season. As long as
James Bouknightreturns,
R.J. Colegets his usual buckets, a healthy
Akok Akoksees the floor and
Andre Jacksonfills in appropriately, I could see the Huskies fighting for a top-five finish in the league.

Creighton has the chance to enter next season as a national title contender, Villanova is always going to be Villanova, while Butler, Georgetown, Marquette, Providence, Seton Hall and Xavier create a super strong middle-half. Either way, UConn is on the right path and it looks as if the best is yet to come with Hurley residing over the program.

Reaction Score
This was my Twitter question that was answered on Rivals

James Bouknight

James Bouknight (AP Images)
I am not willing to go that far, primarily because UConn wasn’t even an elite team in the AAC, and the Big East is a step up from that.
UConn should fight for an NCAA Tournament berth next year, though, which is definitely a step in the right direction. The Huskies have improved every season under Dan Hurley and that trend should continue into next season. As long as
James Bouknightreturns,
R.J. Colegets his usual buckets, a healthy
Akok Akoksees the floor and
Andre Jacksonfills in appropriately, I could see the Huskies fighting for a top-five finish in the league.

Creighton has the chance to enter next season as a national title contender, Villanova is always going to be Villanova, while Butler, Georgetown, Marquette, Providence, Seton Hall and Xavier create a super strong middle-half. Either way, UConn is on the right path and it looks as if the best is yet to come with Hurley residing over the program.
Akok won’t be playing next year. Expecting a recovery in time to fit in and produce is a little much.

Reaction Score
You're reaching here. We're back in the Big East, we don't need to pretend those teams aren't good anymore

Huh? Pretend they're not good? I really don't know what you mean.

There are 3 teams in the NCAA that have perennial status. That is it. Everyone else has years when they are F4 threats, and years when they are not.

Reaction Score
Huh? Pretend they're not good? I really don't know what you mean.

There are 3 teams in the NCAA that have perennial status. That is it. Everyone else has years when they are F4 threats, and years when they are not.
Villanova has been as consistent as any team in the country this decade and has the best coach in the country. That's what the quote meant

Reaction Score
Villanova has been as consistent as any team in the country this decade and has the best coach in the country. That's what the quote meant

OK, well that's quite different than the explanation. Duke, Kentucky, & Kansas will always be Duke, Kentucky, & Kansas.

But as we can see, even North Carolina will not always be North Carolina.

Reaction Score
OK, well that's quite different than the explanation. Duke, Kentucky, & Kansas will always be Duke, Kentucky, & Kansas.

Your probably the only person who didn’t know what that meant

Reaction Score
Your probably the only person who didn’t know what that meant

Still don't get it. Villanova hasn't always been Villanova, whatever that means. They've been up and down. Unless you mean that is what Villanova is.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Still don't get it. Villanova hasn't always been Villanova, whatever that means. They've been up and down. Unless you mean that is what Villanova is.

Wright became coach in 2001. Since 2005 Nova has made 14 of 15 NCAA tourneys. Kentucky missed twice (09, 13) while Duke and Kansas are 15 of 15.

Certainly Nova is top 5 program this century and given UNC's issues (not to mention UConn's), perhaps top 4.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, but always? That only applies to Duke and Kentucky. Not Villanova.
What on earth are you talking about? The writer was talking about how Big East teams will perform in the league next year and he said Nova will always be Nova. They've dominated the Big East for a while now and won 2 national championships in a 3 year stretch. Only you could possibly argue that comment.

What does Duke and Kentucky always being elite have to do with Nova always being elite in the Big East? Obviously nothing.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Nova has been as good as Kansas, Kentucky, and Duke - recently. Michigan State/UNC are the best examples that I can think of, of programs that are also trying to crack that top tier. We flirted with it for 20-25 years but have digressed.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

UNC will bounce right back. Too much pedigree.

Reaction Score
Nova has been as good as Kansas, Kentucky, and Duke - recently. Michigan State/UNC are the best examples that I can think of, of programs that are also trying to crack that top tier. We flirted with it for 20-25 years but have digressed.
Flirted with it? We were as good as anyone for 20-25 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom