I don’t like soccer anymore | The Boneyard

I don’t like soccer anymore

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
5-6 months into being a travel director for a rinky dink town club plus wasting 4 hours this week watching West Brom gag away 5 points.

My conclusion: Terrible sport.

I’m now an ESPN+ subscriber. To watch Nottingham Frigging Forest on a Tuesday afternoon.

I kind of understand why holligans exist. Sport angers up the blood.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Whaler, you could have just seen your club sell off all but one senior center defender and leave all but one one healthy striker on their squad. Then be told they wouldn't shell out an extra £500k to get a midfielder they needed, the manager wanted, and who wanted to come. Don't worry though, they just made £46 million profit on selling the team and likely used that to make up the money they wasted to bring Rooney to their MLS team, DC United.

I'm telling you, being a Swansea fan has really sucked. There was such great hope after they won last weekend and then deadline day happened....unreal...

Also, I refuse to get ESPN+ to watch the 8 games or so that they will be on.

I'm with you with screw soccer! (At least for right now ;))

Reaction Score
the fact that fox lost champions and europa league is a crime by itself

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler, you could have just seen your club sell off all but one senior center defender and leave all but one one healthy striker on their squad. Then be told they wouldn't shell out an extra £500k to get a midfielder they needed, the manager wanted, and who wanted to come. Don't worry though, they just made £46 million profit on selling the team and likely used that to make up the money they wasted to bring Rooney to their MLS team, DC United.

I'm telling you, being a Swansea fan has really sucked. There was such great hope after they won last weekend and then deadline day happened....unreal...

Also, I refuse to get ESPN+ to watch the 8 games or so that they will be on.

I'm with you with screw soccer! (At least for right now ;))

And had my guy Clucas told me he’d go to Stoke I’d have not spent a pleasant night with him.

Swansea has had a brutal window. I am haunted by Berahino. When you don’t sell at the right time it goes sideways. They should have cashed in on Chadli. Dawson will end up going like Evans as well.

I didn’t bother to cancel ESPN+ because they pretty much have the entire Sun Belt and CUSA football schedule.

Not a great sign for their business model that they can’t get $5 a month from a fan with little to no access though.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
And had my guy Clucas told me he’d go to Stoke I’d have not spent a pleasant night with him.

Swansea has had a brutal window. I am haunted by Berahino. When you don’t sell at the right time it goes sideways. They should have cashed in on Chadli. Dawson will end up going like Evans as well.

I didn’t bother to cancel ESPN+ because they pretty much have the entire Sun Belt and CUSA football schedule.

Not a great sign for their business model that they can’t get $5 a month from a fan with little to no access though.
Yeah Clucas was another example of extreme overpaying by Swansea. Their window was a disaster but starting off with two wins sure is nice. I saw a tweet that in the past two games, Swansea has scored 10% of their entire goal total last season. They've only scored 3 goals! Lol....

Here's to hoping it continues but my hopes for this season were never ones of promotion. They needed to rip it down and clear bad wages off their books. I think they hit a home run with their manager so hopefully they can now finally get him some players.

I'm still on the fence on ESPN+ and that's mostly because I just don't have time to always watch games when they are on due to my two little ones. If I didn't have kids and had my old life back, I'd probably spend the $5 and get it.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
So my ESPN Insider subscription got turned into ESPN+ a few weeks ago. Now I can catch more games. Was able to watch Swansea's comeback win vs Milwall last week. Looking forward to watching more. Looks like they secured FA Cup games for ESPN+ as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom