Crisp air

Real opponent

National TV

Friday night lights

Tailgating

Does it get any better than this?

Expect a UConn victory 17-16

Reaction Score
Oh, and remember to wear blue. Otherwise they'll turn you away at the gate.

Reaction Score
If you pick a winner based on each side's two games to date, it is very hard to pick us. That having been said, we have a home winning streak of nine games (not ten as the media guide says) and we need to protect our turf no matter what. We do not need our QB, whoever it is, to play like Brady or Manning. Rutgers played true frosh QBs in both '10 and '09 and, while they did not have great QB play, their QB play was adequate.

We need to get adequate QB play. If we do, we win.

Dress warmly. Temperature may be in the 30s during the game. And, no matter what it feels like, the alcohol is not actually warming you up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As usual on gameday I'm much more positive about the potential result tonight. I think they are going to play much better and I like the defense to stifle ISU.

Reaction Score
I agree with what you are saying Bizlaw but college football is like a mutual fund being that past performance doesn't guarantee future results.

Our UL loss last year proves that.

Reaction Score
I agree with what you are saying Bizlaw but college football is like a mutual fund being that past performance doesn't guarantee future results.

Our UL loss last year proves that.

You agree with what I said? I didn't make a prediction. I was just trying to be positive!

Reaction Score
Really looking forward to tonight. Notwithstanding the turn around after the Ville loss last year, I think this game tells us a lot in terms of whether we are a 7 or 8 win team or if we are home for the bowl season. I hate to make that assertion after 3 games, but I really believe it to be the case. I'm optimistic tonight.

Reaction Score
Wise gambler once say "team never as bad as last loss, also team never as good as last win"

Reaction Score
Bizlaw....I agreed with you when you said "based on the performance of both teams first games...." or something to that effect.

You agree with what I said? I didn't make a prediction. I was just trying to be positive!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Dress warmly. Temperature may be in the 30s during the game. And, no matter what it feels like, the alcohol is not actually warming you up.
One of my favorite episodes of Mythbusters was when they used an IR camera to monitor surface (skin) temperature and one of those capsules with a temperature monitor that had a wireleless radio to monitor core body temperature. Adam and Jamie sat in a walk-in freezer drinking. Their data showed convincingly that when you drink in the cold, your skin temperature goes up (due to alcohol increasing blood flow to the extremities, hence the feeling of warmth) but this is at the expense of core body temperature. So yeah... take it easy on the hip flask.

Reaction Score
My first game for this season. (missed Fordham due to family commitment).. As my dreamgirl Carly Simon sings: "Anticipation: It's keeping me waiting.."

Reaction Score
My first game for this season. (missed Fordham due to family commitment).. As my dreamgirl Carly Simon sings: "Anticipation: It's keeping me waiting.."

Quoting a Carly Simon song seems like an unusual way of coming out of the closet. But to each their own.

Reaction Score
We have already taken on an earthquake, hurricane, and floods. Tonight we tame a cyclone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom