I Could See It | The Boneyard

I Could See It

Reaction Score
Not predicting here, just speculating, but barring injuries, I could see this year's team mature and gel and win a National Championship. I haven't seen Stanford yet, but I've seen almost everyone else and I've yet to see a team that can stay on the floor with this one when it's in "full flight", "hitting on all cylinders" or whatever term you prefer.

Olivia improves almost from game to game. Crystal is a proven stellar asset, healthy or not, she just needs to be present. Christyn is steady and improved, impossible to defend at times. Megan is consistently posting POY numbers. Anna has much to offer beyond what she's shown so far.

Molly and Kyla have become catalysts, either off the bench or starting, instead of mop up crew mainstays.

But Aubrey is the secret ingredient. She's barely shown us her shot and she hasn't had to (although I'm suspicious it's not all that great). Her "hops" and Kelly Farisian ballhawking are nearly the stuff of legend only a few games into her freshman year. She's still learning, but she may turn out to be this team's version of the 1995 team's Nykesha Sales.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Certainly, UConn is one of the teams that can win it all. I agree that barring injury, the Huskies will be a much better team in March than they are right now, which is pretty good. After matchups early next year vs Baylor and OR, we will have a much better idea of how far UConn can go in the Big Dance.

Reaction Score
It could happen. We have the talent and coaching staff. I am hoping AG will be our lucky charm.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I could see it iff Christyn plays up to the potential she showed in her freshman ND game (and a few sporadic others).

Reaction Score
Not predicting here, just speculating, but barring injuries, I could see this year's team mature and gel and win a National Championship. I haven't seen Stanford yet, but I've seen almost everyone else and I've yet to see a team that can stay on the floor with this one when it's in "full flight", "hitting on all cylinders" or whatever term you prefer.

Olivia improves almost from game to game. Crystal is a proven stellar asset, healthy or not, she just needs to be present. Christyn is steady and improved, impossible to defend at times. Megan is consistently posting POY numbers. Anna has much to offer beyond what she's shown so far.

Molly and Kyla have become catalysts, either off the bench or starting, instead of mop up crew mainstays.

But Aubrey is the secret ingredient. She's barely shown us her shot and she hasn't had to (although I'm suspicious it's not all that great). Her "hops" and Kelly Farisian ballhawking are nearly the stuff of legend only a few games into her freshman year. She's still learning, but she may turn out to be this team's version of the 1995 team's Nykesha Sales.
Yes .. as i've stated before, AG is one of the sine qua nons to an NC .. but she and Ania need to play more if the team is going to develop into a serious contender for an NC ...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree. The only disappointment to me has been the play of Christyn. She disappears for far too long in stretches of games. I suspect it's a function of being all over the world this summer and not staying at home working on her game, fitness, etc. like Megan and Olivia did.

I know ONO was out and about a bit, but I think Christyn spent very little time at "home" this past summer, and it's showing up in her overall game IMHO.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMO UConn Won't win the National Championship unless the 5th Starter is able to contribute each and every game. By contributing I mean 8-10 points a game and average 6-8 Rebounds a game. I'm not sure Kyla is able to on a consistent basis. If Aubrey and Evelyn can provide those numbers even from the Bench then that will help. I am concerned that if Kyla is relegated back to the bench, we'll get less contribution from her. The ideal solution is for Kyla to take a shot when she has the opportunity to do so. Too many times she's left wide open at the top of the Key and she refuses to take a shot. I would like to see Kyla take 6-10 shots a game.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I just hope they recover quickly after what the American team might do to them on January 27th.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom