I could not see myself enjoy being in the ACC | The Boneyard

I could not see myself enjoy being in the ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Big East basketball is the most exciting basketball conference in the country. Being able to see games at MSG with teams like St.Johns(when they are good) Nova, Gtown, Cuse ,Lousiville, WV, Pitt etc is such an experience. Going to the ACC your going to get 2 good games, UNC and Dook and a bunch of games against lesser opponents not to mention that unless u live in ACC country u wont have the ability to go to hardly any of the away games or the ACC tournament.

Besides the fact that the Big East is crumbling, does anyone really want to be in the ACC? I cant stand most of the schools in there and the way that their fan bases dress up in suits for basketball/football games is annoying as hell. Pitt and Cuse are going to be irrelevant just like BC, VTech, and Miami all became once they left. I'm not complaining because Uconn didnt get an invite, I just really dont want to join the ACC. Its like having the opportunity to work at a job where you'll make a lot more money, yet you may not like the work or the type of people there. Sometimes its better to just stay where you are.

The Big East royally screwed up by not being proactive but the best thing it could do would be to get teams like Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, Missouri or whoever to replace Pitt and Cuse.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Big East basketball is the most exciting basketball conference in the country. Being able to see games at MSG with teams like St.Johns(when they are good) Nova, Gtown, Cuse ,Lousiville, WV, Pitt etc is such an experience. Going to the ACC your going to get 2 good games, UNC and Dook and a bunch of darn games against lesser opponents not to mention that unless u live in ACC country u wont have the ability to go to hardly any of the away games or the ACC tournament.

Besides the fact that the Big East is crumbling, does anyone really want to be in the ACC? I cant stand most of the schools in there and the way that their fan bases dress up in suits for basketball/football games is annoying as hell. Pitt and Cuse are going to be irrelevant just like BC, VTech, and Miami all became once they left. I'm not complaining because Uconn didnt get an invite, I just really dont want to join the ACC. Its like having the opportunity to work at a job where you'll make a lot more money, yet you may not like the work or the type of people there. Sometimes its better to just stay where you are.

The Big East royally screwed up by not being proactive but the best thing it could do would be to get teams like Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, Missouri or whoever to replace Pitt and Cuse.
It's just another conference for us to dominate. We are the big swinging dicks of college basketball, never forget that.

Reaction Score
Its funny they take 2 of the most overrated big east teams as well, Pitt always falls apart in the Tournament, and Syracuse always is suppose to be amazing and never makes it that far. How is Pitt going to survive ACC basketball, they get away with so much in the BE, the ACC refs will never allow their style of play

Reaction Score
I think your crazy if you would rather remain in the new "Big East" and if you think Pitt and Cuse are the most overrated Big East programs.

Reaction Score
Overrated or not, Cuse and Pitt are the 2 teams I look forward to playing the most each year.

Reaction Score
I think your crazy if you would rather remain in the new "Big East" and if you think Pitt and Cuse are the most overrated Big East programs.

really explain to me how they arent overrated? Boheim has what, one title? Face it Pitt and Cuse underachieve almost every year

Reaction Score
everyone is getting ahead of themselves, whose to say that tmw we dont find out that the BE is inviting Kansas and Kansas state, if we got those 2 teams would anyone complain about still being in the big east?

Reaction Score
They are probably two of the top 15 programs right now, programs I'd like to have in our conference. Sure, they underwhelm in March, especially Pitt, but it wasn't so long ago that Uconn was known for choking in the Elite 8.

Reaction Score
At this point even if Kansas and KState said they would come I'd rather take the ACC invite if it's there. Remaining in a weak Big East does nothing to ensure that in 2 or 3 years if the SEC or Big 10 want to go to 16 that we won't be in the same situation. Getting into the ACC would allow us stability as well as keeping local rivals. The furthest we'd have to travel for football if they did the logical North/South split would be to Virginia. It would also be fun to play Dook and UNC every year in basketball.

Reaction Score
you should get used to it, because i think uconn most likely ends up in the acc, and because it is by far your best option.

Reaction Score
You'd get used to it. Things change. It'd certainly be the best option right now.

Reaction Score
I could easily get used to and enjoy being in the ACC...all it would take is a look at what remains of the Big East if UConn were to get the invite to the ACC.

The Big East is done. The conference loaded up on mid major type football schools with strong basketball programs. Two of the top basketball programs just left and took their football teams with them. WVU is going to look to go, as is Rutgers. UConn will likely be in the ACC when all of the dust settles, and if they aren't it won't be good.

Reaction Score
I'm 100% on board with the going to the ACC. The basketball will be fine and we'll still be in a conference w/ a BCS bid.

Reaction Score
I'd like it. It'd be a new challenge...new recruiting...playing duke and unc every single year would be interesting too. And pitt and cuse are there so if we joined it'd easily be the best and most exciting conference in CBB.

Reaction Score
Big East basketball is the most exciting basketball conference in the country. Being able to see games at MSG with teams like St.Johns(when they are good) Nova, Gtown, Cuse ,Lousiville, WV, Pitt etc is such an experience. Going to the ACC your going to get 2 good games, UNC and Dook and a bunch of darn games against lesser opponents not to mention that unless u live in ACC country u wont have the ability to go to hardly any of the away games or the ACC tournament.

You make good points that reflect the feelings of many Uconn fans including mine. Uconn is going to have to leave or become part of a new conference with Pitt and Cuse joining the ACC.It will be better for football and basketball takes a hit but basketball appears to have little leverage in this football driven decision. Instead of Louisville, Nova and Georgetown we'll be playing Wake Forest, Clemson and Virginia. and the conference tounrnament will be on tobacco road instead of NYC. The cost of doing business goes up.
Uconn can not afford the hit of Cuse and Pitt leaving the BE so the ACC would be the best choice of a bunch of poor ones from a basketball standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom