I can't take this place no more (BB Board)... | The Boneyard

I can't take this place no more (BB Board)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The people on here are just unbelievable.

Let me give you a few examples of what I mean.

There is this guy - He goes by 'John' on the board.

John had posted this on the Ticket Exchange:

2 tickets for a six-pack of Two Roads or Sammys. Meet in Cheshire or Milford.
I was able to meet John - made the exchange of two tickets for two six packs. My daughter got out of school early! We spent the day together talking/watching hoops - it was a great little pre XMas gift. Thanks again John!!

Then there is this guy - He goes by 'Sprague03' on the board.

Sprague03 had posted this on the Ticket Exchange:

Selling 4 tix vs Tulane 1st row off court!
I was able to work out the logistics with Sprague03 on Monday to meet his wife prior to work on Tuesday. I went home Monday night and told the kids! The boy "Nosebleed'? NO. The girl "Courtside" - I was able to say YES!
I met with Sprague03's better half - before work on Tuesday and I had a night my daughter will never forget!
Just before the National Anthem a gentleman walked up to us and excused himself and stated that he has 4 VIP Courtside seats but unfortunately his daughter did not attend the game as she was not feeling well. He asked if the kids would be interested in sitting in the seat, they could split halves watching from courtside. I believe my daughter was sitting in the VIP Courtside seat before we were able to thank him!!
Thanks again Sprague03!!

What a night for her!! A memory forever I am sure. As many of you know I am a FB season ticket holder but my daughter is a BB junkie, playing for her Middle School Team, a Travel Team and AAU in the spring. Her brother let her sit courtside all night!!

You guys are unbelievable!!

My daughter is the one with the smirk if you couldn't figure it out. The gentleman smiling behind her is the person who offered - if anyone knows him thank him again for us!

IMG_0702.JPG

Last edited:

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I would punch a Dukie for those seats. Some fans don't know how good they have it. How do you even get seats like that? Been a fan since I was middle school in the late 90s and never sat any closer than the middle lower level behind the UConn bench for a mediocre game. Nice story, your daughter is very lucky.

Reaction Score
Cool story man, and that's good of those dudes to help you out.

The only time I've ever sat courtside was for a Globetrotter's game when I was 10 after winning a Lego designing competition at the Mark Twain house.

Reaction Score
I would punch a Dukie for those seats. Some fans don't know how good they have it. How do you even get seats like that? Been a fan since I was middle school in the late 90s and never sat any closer than the middle lower level behind the UConn bench for a mediocre game. Nice story, your daughter is very lucky.
All you have to do is donate $10,000 to the UConn club and spend $150 a ticket each game. Forgot to add that you have to pay for seat rights as well.Sounds like a good price to me. ;)

Reaction Score
I think like 3-4 dudes in the football board have probably purchased 200 season tickets over the last couple years.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I have received tickets on the arm from this place on at least 4 occasions that I can remember off the top of my head. I try to repay the favor whenever possible.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
John had posted this on the Ticket Exchange:

2 tickets for a six-pack of Two Roads or Sammys. Meet in Cheshire or Milford.
I was able to meet John - made the exchange of two tickets for two six packs.
Which beers did you choose for the six packs?

Reaction Score
Well it could not be two roads to ruin which is exceptional but comes in a 4 pack. Unless we were mislead on the exact amounts

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The "Sammy" threw me. Assuming he means Sam Adams, I didn't realize that anyone still drank that.

If he meant Samuel Smith, I'd be curious how that's drinking these days. Haven't had it in a looooong time.

Reaction Score
Sam Adams is barely a craft beer. Its about as much a craft beer as Blue moon. I mean its all good, but Two roads is far superior to Sam Adams.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lil' Heaven would have been my preference as among their beers that come in six packs.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sam Adams is barely a craft beer. Its about as much a craft beer as Blue moon. I mean its all good, but Two roads is far superior to Sam Adams.
They sell far more Angry Orchard cider than they do beer these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom