I cant get excited for these AAC games anymore | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I cant get excited for these AAC games anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Well since Cincy was a Big East team you can use your imagination. BTW USF, also a Big East team.
So was DePaul and we all know what a snoozefest those games usually were.

Reaction Score
This was a left-jab-followed-by-a-right-uppercut of wrongness.

First, there's no way Tulsa is in a position to become Georgetown.

Second, how does someone search their brain for a 'top-flite' basketball program to compare Tulsa to and come up with Georgetown?
Typical Fishy act like the smartest guy in the room but cannot even read and comprehend what others write.

Reaction Score
I'm neither excited about the Tulane-Tulsa game nor am I watching it, but I am certainly hoping Tulane wins and I'm rooting for them.

Tulsa can't be allowed to run away with the conference regular season.

Reaction Score
All I can say it is like the AHL coming to Hartford after the NHL it can't be the same.

Reaction Score
All I can say it is like the AHL coming to Hartford after the NHL it can't be the same.
Well not really we still have the same program that has 3 (4?) more titles than Cuse but were forced to sit at the kiddy table due to greed and grudges held by a certain "catholic school"

Reaction Score
I'm neither excited about the Tulane-Tulsa game nor am I watching it, but I am certainly hoping Tulane wins and I'm rooting for them.

Tulsa can't be allowed to run away with the conference regular season.

It's better for us that Tulsa wins that game. You want their RPI to be as high as possible when we play them in February. Moreover, Tulsa's schedule is extremely back loaded - they still have to play Cincinnati, SMU twice, and @ UConn. There is no way they're running away with the conference.

Reaction Score
Well not really we still have the same program that has 3 (4?) more titles than Cuse but were forced to sit at the kiddy table due to greed and grudges held by a certain "catholic school"

Do you remember Montclair State? No, UCONN has more going for it. My point is they were a power. Five more years in this league and we will be a Wikipedia program, unable to compete with the big boys

Reaction Score
Do you remember Montclair State? No, UCONN has more going for it. My point is they were a power. Five more years in this league and we will be a Wikipedia program, unable to compete with the big boys

Oh believe me I know how screwed we are without a p5 life boat. My point was no matter what UConn basketball will exist in some form where is my hockey team left me high and dry when i was a kid.

Reaction Score
think scheduling a good OOC schedule is crucial and they have been doing that. But they need to get some games with the old BE rivals like Cuse, Gtown, Nova, St Johns, Pitt ect

You can forget Cuse..they would rather fill up on cupcakes like Kennesaw State and Hampton to build their resume.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
This was a left-jab-followed-by-a-right-uppercut of wrongness.

First, there's no way Tulsa is in a position to become Georgetown.

Second, how does someone search their brain for a 'top-flite' basketball program to compare Tulsa to and come up with Georgetown?
First of all the school was Tulane, a strong academic school with a large black community in New Orleans a la DC area. A conference which includes the national champion. Jazz, smoking hot woman, great food. Why shouldn't Tulane recruit some of the best basketball players, most of whom are black?

Reaction Score
Why was Tulane invited to join the conference? They are abysmal in both football and basketball. ECU helps football and Tulsa is apparently good at basketball. Why is Tulane here...

because they thought that 2 teams starting with Tul would be cool.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Why was Tulane invited to join the conference? They are abysmal in both football and basketball. ECU helps football and Tulsa is apparently good at basketball. Why is Tulane here...
So I could screw up Tulsa/Tulane creating a chat room.

Reaction Score
Two of the AAC's basketball arenas hosted the ABA. Larry Brown must be having a blast.

Reaction Score
I guess when we are left with getting into a pissing match with a memphis fan about our conference things have hit rock bottom. Let's hope it's the bottom cause this really sucks.
There is no rock bottom. Have we not learned this by now?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
where did I say you would be? I seem to remember saying you might try scheduling a BE team like Nova or Georgetown as a late season, marquee, OOC game.

reading is fundamental.

My point was that any advice from a 'school-in-TN-that-considers-a-WCC-team-in-Washington-without-any-championships-a-rival' is useless to us.

Recognizing ones place in the college basketball hierarchy is fundamental.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
My point was that any advice from a 'school-in-TN-that-considers-a-WCC-team-in-Washington-without-any-championships-a-rival' is useless to us.

Recognizing ones place in the college basketball hierarchy is fundamental.

Does that comfort you after losing to Houston, Tulsa, and SMU?

Reaction Score
I just try to tell myself that there really isn't much difference between Tulsa, UCF, USF etc and some of the perennial bottom-feeder big east teams like Rutgers, Seton Hall, Depaul, etc.

It sort of works and I continue to watch every second of every game as I normally would.

The only problem is that we no longer have Cuse, G'Town, L'Ville, Pitt, etc to look forward to. And that's what really sucks.

Reaction Score
I just try to tell myself that there really isn't much difference between Tulsa, UCF, USF etc and some of the perennial bottom-feeder big east teams like Rutgers, Seton Hall, Depaul, etc.

It sort of works and I continue to watch every second of every game as I normally would.

The only problem is that we no longer have Cuse, G'Town, L'Ville, Pitt, etc to look forward to. And that's what really sucks.

well that and i dont care when UCF plays Tulsa.. I did care when L'Ville played Cuse or any other of the big conference matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom