I can't even fathom the meltdown we had in 2012 | The Boneyard

I can't even fathom the meltdown we had in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some people are having panic attacks seven months removed from a National Championship because we missed out on a few recruits. I can't even imagine what it was like on 11/10/12 when Vonleh committed to Indiana. We were coming off of an extremely underwhelming season and a first round exit. We were going into a season where we were banned from post-season play. We had a coach who had never coached that was on a 7-month contract and we had lost out two local 5 star prospects in a 3 week period (Selden being the other one).

If people are crying now, they must have been full-blown suicidal back then.

Reaction Score
I don't remember much then because it seemed like commom knowledge they weren't getting him. Nothing can compare to 2010 on the old Scout board when posters called for the firing of Sellers and Lafluer for the class that yielded Bazz, Lamb, Roscoe, and Giffey.

Reaction Score
Our freak-outs don't seem commensurate with the level of recruit we are going after. The board went absolutely nuts over Kasongo who was ranked around 200 or so and will probably never play college bball. We are now freaking out over Mack who is ranked around 70th and is not even close to a need recruit considering we already have a much better player at his position in Daniel Hamilton.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure we weren't even on Selden's final list, and I don't think there was ever a belief that we really had a legitimate shot at Vonleh.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Some people are having panic attacks seven months removed from a National Championship because we missed out on a few recruits. I can't even imagine what it was like on 11/10/12 when Vonleh committed to Indiana. We were coming off of an extremely underwhelming season and a first round exit. We were going into a season where we were banned from post-season play. We had a coach who had never coached that was on a 7-month contract and we had lost out two local 5 star prospects in a 3 week period (Selden being the other one).

The answer is this board reflects the highs and lows of the team perhaps in a manner that isn't always healthy. It happened in the past and most likely will happen in the future. Sell pharmaceutical stock because most people may need meds but few take them.;)

Reaction Score
I thought this thread was about the disappointing 2012 team. I was onboard for that. 5 players ended up being drafted 3 first rounders (Bazz, Drummond and Lamb) and two second rounders (AO & DD) plus add Boat, Scoe and Giffey. I understand that they were all at diff points in their development but still.

Okay back to regular scheduled thread...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I thought this thread was about the disappointing 2012 team. I was onboard for that. 5 players ended up being drafted 3 first rounders (Bazz, Drummond and Lamb) and two second rounders (AO & DD) plus add Boat, Scoe and Giffey. I understand that they were all at diff points in their development but still.

Okay back to regular scheduled thread...

They had no leadership. Bazz was not remotely ready.

Reaction Score

Like others have said, I don't even think we were really in the running for early of these guys at the time of their commitments. I see what you're saying, but bad examples.

Losing Stone would be a meltdown of historic proportions on this board.

Reaction Score
I love it david...no doubt I would love to have Stone. But he isn't a make or break for winning a title. Look at Drummond, who could possibly be on track to a Hall of Fame career when it's all said and done. Did he win us a title? What's not to like about a senior Nolan who can finally finish and a junior stud Brimah who can stay out of foul trouble? Those guys did win a title as Frosh and Sophs! I think we are dangerous next year with a Soph Hamilton and stacked guard play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom