I can't believe how incredibly busy folks in CT must be..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I can't believe how incredibly busy folks in CT must be.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The whole "Connecticut residents have better things to do than areas with high college football attendance" line of talk is beyond stupid and ignorant.

And it feeds the perception of UConn not having a fan base.

It's amazing how these southern schools and Texas high school can produce such a high level of D1 football talent without playing as midgets and youth.

All those thousands of miles of unused ocean and inland river, streams and lakes.

How states can have state and federal parks as big as the state of CT that go unused

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The only thing better than a Palatine thread is people who don't go to games commenting on attendance at Rentschler.

You sit through every game since 2010 of this garbage and I'll hear you out. Otherwise yeah lots of people have lots of other crap that's better to do.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd rather get bad mouthed by a bunch of message board lunatics for being a bad fan than disappoint my kids by being a bad father. But that's just me.

I feel like you can do both :).

Reaction Score
That was a good game yesterday and pretty exciting. Throughout the 4th quarter folks left in droves.

I stayed with my daughter to watch the song at the end of the game. We walked out to our car and we were on the street about 10 minutes after getting to our car.

I honestly don't get it.

Yea that was the best home game of the season, yet it was the easiest time I had getting out all year.

I'm with you in that I honestly don't get it. If you go to all the games, and have sat through a lot of garbage, you'd think they'd want to savor a good win.

Reaction Score
I'd rather get bad mouthed by a bunch of message board lunatics for being a bad fan than disappoint my kids by being a bad father. But that's just me.

LOL the point is your assuming people in other states are "bad fathers."

Reaction Score
I honestly don't get threads like this. Knocking the people who show up to games is silly just because they don't live up to your superfan status.

I've never stayed for the song once and I'm a grad. Nice job by you though. Here's a cookie.

Jimmy, you must be a really tough guy.........................behind that keyboard.

Reaction Score
Well, you "assumed" Tommy didn't want to go to Karate, and that instead he wanted to be at UConn game. In doing so, in response to a thread complaining about people leaving early, or not being there, you also implied that people should feel obligated to take their kids to UConn football games. Maybe that wasn't your intent, but that was how your post was received by at least one or two of us.

Reaction Score
Jimmy, you must be a really tough guy.....behind that keyboard.

No you could ask the few Yarders who have had the misfortune of meeting me in person. I'm as big of an to your face as I am on here.

Reaction Score

Its anecdotal evidence but I have family down in FL. Their best friends have their parents watch their kids and bring them to all of their activities because they can't miss a Gator game. Does that make them bad parents? I don't judge others like that. But clearly it's not a choice I'd personally make. And I'm unapologetic about it.

Reaction Score
That distinction is something we should be proud of in my opinion. It's not something we should aspire to be. People out there and down south put college football before their families. Literally.

Many people in the South make football a family event/tradition. I have been to several tailgates when 4 generations of a famik are represented.

People buy a ticket they have a right to leave when they choose, but it erks me too.

Reaction Score
l left to go to my daughters XC meet at Wickham Park. Can't be everywhere so I chose to leave early. Not judging anyone who has different priorities but that's mine. Let's keep winning games so people can complain about the traffic jam getting out.

Reaction Score
I show up to every game and stay until the end. I could care less about how many other people are there or how long they stay. I don't worry about, nor can I control, what other people are doing. I swear some people are more concerned with what other fans are doing than the game itself. They have deemed themselves the crowd police.

Reaction Score
I show up to every game and stay until the end. I could care less about how many other people are there or how long they stay. I don't worry about, nor can I control, what other people are doing. I swear some people are more concerned with what other fans are doing than the game itself. They have deemed themselves the crowd police.
I hate those fawkers. They're ruining the game experience for others. I like to turn around and the see the play on the big screen when the action is on the other side of the field. There is usually some idiot yelling "make some noise".

Reaction Score
Yeah, we don't run the ball enough. That's it. Nailed it.

It's the whole clock management thing. Run the ball when your up by 11 and gaining 4 yards a carry with the clock winding down at the end of the game. I guess Bill Parcells was bad at that too.

Reaction Score
It's the whole clock management thing. Run the ball when your up by 11 and gaining 4 yards a carry with the clock winding down at the end of the game. I guess Bill Parcells was bad at that too.
Okay, I get it. That's the 1st time all year they threw the ball down field, where they weren't down multiple TDS, with any consistency.

As an overall point that they lack situational awareness and this is yet another example of that I agree

Reaction Score
I rather see post about the beach ball police and their insistence on taking any fun that may occur at the game. Or better yet, the woman who felt the need to get said ball and promptly hand it to one of stadium clowns. Really????

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
so lets get this straight. Your argument for why people leave our games early is that people in Connecticut have kids that play sports on weekends and take piano lessons but people in states that attend the games such as Nebraska do not have these things to worry about? Is this serious?

That distinction is something we should be proud of in my opinion. It's not something we should aspire to be. People out there and down south put college football before their families. Literally.

It's not really before their families, it's simply the case that everything else stops on college game days. No idiot in Alabama would schedule a marathon that conflicts with the game. Or any other such event. Nobody is getting married on those days either, unless the game is part of the wedding. Not only do people adjust their lives, every other organization adjusts as well. No fool is planning a company picnic or whatever that conflicts with the game.

CT isn't there and isn't ever going to be there. It's nothing to be ashamed of. We just need a few more people to prioritize and be aware of the games, it doesn't have to dominate everything.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Funny, I was going to post that I thought there were *more* fans left in the stadium than usual for the UConn alma mater after the game.

I did think it was funny that as soon Puyol's kick made it a 11 point game, thousands of fans dusted their hands and signaled that they had seen enough and were 100% confident in UConn winning the game. As we all know, UConn was and is very capable of losing a 11-point lead with 3 minutes to play. That wasn't meant as a judgment for fans leaving - more of a "geez, people are super confident". Personally, I wasn't super confident until we were in victory formation, given our well documented troubles against those guys. But to each is own.

The fans who did go to the game Saturday were fine. Made good noise on defense and seemed engaged. We all want quick fixes to the attendance issue (myself included), but that's not happening. We just need to worry about getting Ws and keeping on an upward trajectory as a program.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Someone mentioned that games on CBS Sports Net have a ton of breaks a few weeks ago.

It sure felt like it - that was a brutally long game for the amount of scoring and some of the breaks felt neverending.

Oh good Lord, yes. There was one delay in particular that seemed like it lasted over 5 minutes long. I *think* it was a TV timeout followed by a booth review timeout but am not sure. Might have been after Cinci's INT that saved us 4 yards (which actually wound up helping us...go figure!). But yeah, the timeouts were brutally long.

Reaction Score
The answer is yes, people in CT are busier and have other activities (e.g. kids' karate, soccer, piano lessons etc) on weekends compared to folks at say Nebraska who block off the whole day for football.

Truth. I grew up (in CT) with Sunday as the day for watching football. When I dated a girl from Arkansas I learned that it was Saturday for them.

Reaction Score
I'd love for people to stay to the end but the people that show up and leave aren't the enemy.

The people who wear blue to white outs aren't the enemy.

However; the people who, WHEN WE HAVE THE BALL, stand up and make noise on third down, and who implore others to do so as well, ARE the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom