I can't believe how incredibly busy folks in CT must be..... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I can't believe how incredibly busy folks in CT must be.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Funny, I was going to post that I thought there were *more* fans left in the stadium than usual for the UConn alma mater after the game.

I did think it was funny that as soon Puyol's kick made it a 11 point game, thousands of fans dusted their hands and signaled that they had seen enough and were 100% confident in UConn winning the game. As we all know, UConn was and is very capable of losing a 11-point lead with 3 minutes to play. That wasn't meant as a judgment for fans leaving - more of a "geez, people are super confident". Personally, I wasn't super confident until we were in victory formation, given our well documented troubles against those guys. But to each is own.

The fans who did go to the game Saturday were fine. Made good noise on defense and seemed engaged. We all want quick fixes to the attendance issue (myself included), but that's not happening. We just need to worry about getting Ws and keeping on an upward trajectory as a program.
I don't even know the words to the school song, and really, it's not important to me to learn them.

That said, If I'm at a game, I tend to stay until the final gun/whistle/horn/out. Can't say I've never left early, but if I've just spent 3+ (baseball and football) or 2+(soccer, basketball and hockey), hours plus pre-game at a sporting event, I don't see much difference a couple of minutes makes. Especially at Rentschler where about 40% of the lot goes unused in the first place and they don't close any of the routes off the premises. Regardless of event, you're really not beating traffic when 25% or more in attendance are leaving at the same time.

Regarding the bold: 4 possessions, 4 punts up to that point, but to be fair, Tubberville pulled a Diaco on the preceding possession. I feel Cinci should have should have gone for it on 4th and 4 from the UConn 43. They were moving the ball and had UConn on their heels and against the ropes a bit. I guess he was thinking that he could hold UConn and get the ball back down only one score. Never did he think that, even though it only garnered 3 points, UConn would go on a season defining (up to that point) drive that would chew up almost 7 minutes of game time. UConn fans probably felt the converse. 4 possessions, 4 punts. After seeing UConn use up almost 7 minutes of clock, no way Cinci get the ball twice in 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom