I bleed blue | The Boneyard

I bleed blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I've visited all the big search engines, but can someone give me a more precise meaning or their understanding of the phrase "I Bleed Blue" as it applies to UCONN basketball?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
All schools with a commonly known school color have an analogous expression. It simply means that the color(s) representing a person's school is/are in their veins. Texas fans bleed burnt orange, OU fans bleed crimson and cream, and UConn fans bled blue. And for a Nebraska fan to say s/he bleeds red, well, that would elicit the response, "No ".

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It means you're a passionate fan of UConn. Blue because that's UConn's school color. Fans of other schools would say they bleed whatever their schools color is.

Indeed, I am the proud owner of "Bleed Maroon" shirt from my alma mater.

Reaction Score
alexrgct said:
All schools with a commonly known school color have an analogous expression. It simply means that the color(s) representing a person's school is/are in their veins. Texas fans bleed burnt orange, OU fans bleed crimson and cream, and UConn fans bled blue. And for a Nebraska fan to say s/he bleeds red, well, that would elicit the response, "No ".

Nebraska's colors are really scarlet and cream. But yelling " Go Big Scarlet" seems a little awkward.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Botanists at aTm have developed a maroon carrot. (The cold fusion thing didn't work out, but they nailed the carrot!)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
hashtag bleed blue on Twitter gets you a lot of UConn info

#BleedBlue

but sometimes its about Kentucky or the NY Giants as well

Reaction Score
DGHuskyFan said:
Also any Nebraska fan will proudly tell you the "N" on the helmet stands for ""knowledge". :)

Careful there. Them's my people you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom