I am very very very perplexed about PB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I am very very very perplexed about PB

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What about Natalja Marshall from NYC? The recruit post is just too many thousands of pages to go through? Short update?
I watched Marshall and CTK twice in the Federation Cup in Glens Falls against L.I. Lutheran and then against Aubrey Griffin & Ossining. While her loaded team won the tournament, despite Aubrey breaking Stewie’s tournament scoring record, I’m not quite sure what to make about Marshall’s game.

At 6’5” Marshall was the tallest player on the court, but she spent much of her time on the perimeter looking for a jump shot. In addition, she really didn’t run the court hard at all. Two of her senior, front court teammates heading to MN & Lasalle dominated the boards and were the key to CTK’s tournament victory.

Marshall has a nice game, hit a few shots, got a couple of rebounds and blocked a shot or two, but she was clearly not a dominant post. Hopefully, between her junior and senior season in HS, someone will light a fire under Ms Marshall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So while we are talking about Hailey VanLith, I like her take on "make your own sandwich!"

"It snows too much for me here."

Average annual snowfall:
- Cashmere, WA 33"
- Storrs, CT 35"

"There's nothing going on here. People take off school for weeks at a time to go hunting. The only thing that's going on here is basketball."

Hailey Van Lith should feel right at home in Storrs.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
So while we are talking about Hailey VanLith, I like her take on "make your own sandwich!"

Nice video. She’s obviously got a refined game.

Reaction Score
I watched Marshall and CTK twice in the Federation Cup in Glens Falls against L.I. Lutheran and then against Aubrey Griffin & Ossining. While her loaded team won the tournament, despite Aubrey breaking Stewie’s tournament scoring record, I’m not quite sure what to make about Marshall’s game.

At 6’5” Marshall was the tallest player on the court, but she spent much of her time on the perimeter looking for a jump shot. In addition, she really didn’t run the court hard at all. Two of her senior, front court teammates heading to MN & Lasalle dominated the boards and were the key to CTK’s tournament victory.

Marshall has a nice game, hit a few shots, got a couple of rebounds and blocked a shot or two, but she was clearly not a dominant post. Hopefully, between her junior and senior season in HS, someone will light a fire under Ms Marshall.
We need the women's basketball version of Gronk - highly intelligent in her sport and with the size and disposition to go "Beast Mode."

Reaction Score
I think that some wise person already said on this board some time ago that not all recruits want to join the system as prescribed by Geno even though they are gifted with extraordinary basketball skills. However, those that do when the 4 years are completed, speak sharply about how they not only improved their basketball expertise, but how they improved as a person. Offers are made based on skills, team need, and the best guess of what the young person is like as a person. Those that accept and buy into the program become the real winners.

Kids: Most don't know what side is up at 17 or 18. Sometimes they get it right.

Last edited:

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Paige is the right hand; Hailey is the left hand.
We certainly don't want to lose Hailey to Olivet College Women's Basketball.
1554376673653.png

Reaction Score
As someone who had a special interest in Bueckers going to her hometown Gophers, my theory on her choice is that she and Fudd decided together where they wanted to go. We’ll see if this theory pans out.

Of course, it doesn’t hurt that Geno was showing up to Bueckers’ games in Minnesota. Why couldn’t Geno be lazy this one time? :(

Reaction Score
Why do people always say that we "lost" a recruit to another school? You can't lose someone that you don't have or ever had...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom