I am very concerned also | The Boneyard

I am very concerned also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"I don’t know why, but I am very concerned about the state of Bria Hartley’s ankle. And I think the UConn coaching staff is as well, likely more than they are letting on right now." A John A. Quote

A John A. Quote. When I ist heard about Bria's ankle's injury. That it was an injury that had First occured during the 3x3World Championships<gold medal>. I began to think Bria,being the competitor she is, had not been completely candid with staff. This was confirmed by comments Geno made in the last 1 1/2 weeks.

Maybe I am a worry wart! There is the real possibility that the ankle was not healed,nor able to be treated properly. This being due to Bria.

I believe she has been treated properly since recent events. I know an initial MRI was done. There was an awful lot of swelling. Concern over damage beyond what was initially evaluated/stated has been there for me from the beginning.

There is concern for Bria,also re the impact on a legitimate NC contender. In fact in my opinion the only threat to Baylor!

We are blessed this season with a very deep and talented team! This does provide invaluable additional minutes for BB,Mo,and others! The different ways that we can put 5 players on the court is and will be fascinating and exciting!

The loss of Bria right now if she gets totally healthy anytime in the next couple of months will be ok!
If she is lost for the year,hmmm re winning the NC this year. We are talking about an AA JR guard/pg.
It would make things interesting if she became a redshirt JR who would then be eligible for 2014.

I hope Bria heals completely and can then play at the level of the AA she is. I am one who believes we can win the NC against Baylor this season in a war.

Sorry for the darker letters in the 1st part of this post. Computer issues.
Ira

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"Don't worry, be happy" and that's straight from the mouth of the Maestro. One thing I have learned in nearly 20 years of following the team is that the coaching staff is never forthcoming when it comes to injuries.

It's not obsessing as Auriemma characterizes it. It's concern for the player and for the season. Doty has a tricky knee, Hartley has an ankle that hasn't healed and now we hear Stewart has a foot issue. The prognosis released for public consumption is good, and I hope it's correct, but given the team's track record of a tweak turning into an injury we'll have to wait and see.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
"Don't worry, be happy" and that's straight from the mouth of the Maestro. One thing I have learned in nearly 20 years of following the team is that the coaching staff is never forthcoming when it comes to injuries.

It's not obsessing as Auriemma characterizes it. It's concern for the player and for the season. Doty has a tricky knee, Hartley has an ankle that hasn't healed and now we hear Stewart has a foot issue. The prognosis released for public consumption is good, and I hope it's correct, but given the team's track record of a tweak turning into an injury we'll have to wait and see.

For some, it's obsessing. Calling for a redshirt? Obsessing.

I guess I just have a poor memory, but what are all the tweaks that turned into an injury over the years?

Reaction Score
We're doooomed!!!

Seriously, I'll be worried if Bria isn't playing by the Maryland game a month from now, but not until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom