I am so proud of these kids | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I am so proud of these kids

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Much stronger tackling. Looked like guys were playing much less timid - attacking the play instead of allowing the play to attack them. Not only on defense but on offense in the run game too. That's a HUGE step in the right direction. I'm sure there will be games or plays this season that guys might freeze up a little and play timid (part of the learning curve). But we finally have a game on film that the coaches and players can build off of. That was a FBS level effort. First one of the season and definitely a sign of progress for this incredibly young team.
Their reaction time is becoming faster. The defense doesn't have to stop and think for a full second before reacting. Like Randy said, at this level if you stop and think of what to do, you're doomed.

Reaction Score
This is a great point. Washington needs to develop more. And fans don’t know what we have with the kid from GA yet. I assume McAffee is on the outside looking in.

If for some reason Washington leaves the program (I hope not) I wouldn't be surprised to see Donovan Williams given another look at QB in the off season. He's almost as fast as Pindell.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I would imagine that we’ll be in the grad transfer market for QBs as well as looking at juco guys

Reaction Score
Here we go, from despair to "thing's are looking up", based on one game against a team that is ranked but has no impressive wins and lots of squeakers. Pretty amazing that they have the odds makers believing they're that good too.

It's something to build on and nothing more right now.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Here we go, from despair to "thing's are looking up", based on one game against a team that is ranked but has no impressive wins and lots of squeakers. Pretty amazing that they have the odds makers believing they're that good too.

I don’t think many here are saying that USF is really that good. I think the thrust was that they don’t suck and we looked like we belonged on the same field as them yesterday.

After the Cincinnati game, I was hopeful we might take another step forward and that definitely didn’t happen. This time, our next opponent isn’t Memphis which makes it a bit more manageable. If we get blown out by UMass, I’ll be very sad.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

I can't tell if you are criticizing people who see improvement or not. Regardless of whether USF won games by big margins or small, we lost a game by 8 points. Our previous closest loss, 30 against Syracuse, and they basically took their foot off the gas at halftime. Yeah that's right, half time.

So yeah, we had a bye week, we played a ranked, good team, tough and only lost by 8. I think there is something that should give us hope there.

Reaction Score
I can't tell if you are criticizing people who see improvement or not. Regardless of whether USF won games by big margins or small, we lost a game by 8 points. Our previous closest loss, 30 against Syracuse, and they basically took their foot off the gas at halftime. Yeah that's right, half time.

So yeah, we had a bye week, we played a ranked, good team, tough and only lost by 8. I think there is something that should give us hope there.

Not criticizing. Just expressing my observation that USF has beaten no one of consequence by any margin of consequence. I've felt they don't deserve to be ranked based on beating Elon, Ga Tech, UMass, ECU, Tulsa, Illinois and UConn. Thus, I'm not going to get too excited about improvement until we win a few games, especially since we have three coming up against some of the seven teams USF has beaten.

Reaction Score
Not criticizing. Just expressing my observation that USF has beaten no one of consequence by any margin of consequence. I've felt they don't deserve to be ranked based on beating Elon, Ga Tech, UMass, ECU, Tulsa, Illinois and UConn. Thus, I'm not going to get too excited about improvement until we win a few games, especially since we have three coming up against some of the seven teams USF has beaten.

PLEASE - if we were 7-0 with that schedule, you'd be complaining that we were not ranked in top 15 and not taken seriously by the media.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
If for some reason Washington leaves the program (I hope not) I wouldn't be surprised to see Donovan Williams given another look at QB in the off season. He's almost as fast as Pindell.
Donovan Williams has been moved from QB to WR and now to TE. If Randy thought he had any kind of future at QB, he would have given him a chance by now. More likely, Krewjeski would get the nod (if washington left that is) unless they find a diamond in the rough out in the JUCO/Grad Transfer market. My preference would be to start a guy that will be here for multiple years and build off of it. Unless, Jalen Hurts wants to transfer here then you absolutely take him LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom