I am so proud of these kids | The Boneyard

I am so proud of these kids

Reaction Score
That I feel like meeting them at Bradley, like Lobo! ... but I’m a ‘little’ over-the-limit. What a great road loss. Offensive line impressive. Pindell (outside the pick off his back foot), Mensah, the defense was its best in long time. Not embarrassing is a good goal

Reaction Score
I loved the fact that they recognized that USF was weak up the middle and exploited it all night. We gashed them on the ground. I loved it even if we lost

Reaction Score
Good for the boys. Fought hard and played with heart. Sterling cried in his post game interview...I’m sure it’s been a really hard week for them. Go huskies
Video of the interview?

Reaction Score
I know it's tough to say team is improving when they are still one of the 5 worst teams in the nation.... but it's been really enjoyable watching the team get better week by week. I like that the guys keep fighting. Good qualities and I believe in Edsall and the staff to make them competitive in the upcoming years

Reaction Score
These kids have worked their tails off all year with minimal results. Going in to USF as a 31 point dog, and coming out this way....moral victory for sure. They will play less talented teams.....nice to see some progress.
Oh yeah...take the points.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A lot of young players (frosh) starting to grow up and play some tough football.

Very encouraging and exciting!!!

Reaction Score
This game does one big thing for me, it allows me to believe in the process. When Edsall was rehired, I believed in the process but I’ve waivered a little lately. Tonight it was pretty obvious, he knows what he’s doing. Yes, we got blown up deep several times and missed a million tackles on the edges BUT, guys were very close by. They were very close to making plays and they looked fast enough to make the plays. That was huge for me. For the first time all year, we looked like we had FBS speed. They need some size and strength and those near misses will become big hits.

Not only am I proud of these guys for keeping their heads up, but kudos to Randy and the staff for making sure they believe they are good enough to turn this program around. My hope is we can take this moral victory and turn it into a small handful of wins. It would do wonders to set the tone for next season and sell some tickets. Great job in a losing effort, but certainly a positive night for our team of 18 year olds.

Reaction Score
This is a great point. Washington needs to develop more. And fans don’t know what we have with the kid from GA yet. I assume McAffee is on the outside looking in.

When Washington doesn't even dress due to a coaches' decision, again, it is time to move on. He may be this decade's Cody Endres, just never seeing he field. My sense is if we had ANY depth there, he'd be gone and that this is one of the spots that will open for recruiting. I thought he'd be a contributor, but he seems to thrive at pissing off he HC and that NEVER works with this guy

Reaction Score
This game does one big thing for me, it allows me to believe in the process. When Edsall was rehired, I believed in the process but I’ve waivered a little lately. Tonight it was pretty obvious, he knows what he’s doing. Yes, we got blown up deep several times and missed a million tackles on the edges BUT, guys were very close by. They were very close to making plays and they looked fast enough to make the plays. That was huge for me. For the first time all year, we looked like we had FBS speed. They need some size and strength and those near misses will become big hits.

Not only am I proud of these guys for keeping their heads up, but kudos to Randy and the staff for making sure they believe they are good enough to turn this program around. My hope is we can take this moral victory and turn it into a small handful of wins. It would do wonders to set the tone for next season and sell some tickets. Great job in a losing effort, but certainly a positive night for our team of 18 year olds.

Great post and largely sums up my feelings.

It will be tough for a young team like this to come back with similar effort and intensity for Umass. It would be really great to come out and immediately punch them in the mouth. Start building more momentum and confidence.

Reaction Score
When Washington doesn't even dress due to a coaches' decision, again, it is time to move on. He may be this decade's Cody Endres, just never seeing he field. My sense is if we had ANY depth there, he'd be gone and that this is one of the spots that will open for recruiting. I thought he'd be a contributor, but he seems to thrive at pissing off he HC and that NEVER works with this guy
Is that what happened? The kid is raw but has shown he has talent. It's not a good sign if Edsall is going to swing and miss at the QB spot when you largely recruit 1 per class. If Washington is a discipline whiff and Krajewski cant play we're back to handing off 50 times a game and that is going to be tough in a league where teams routinely score 50.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Much stronger tackling. Looked like guys were playing much less timid - attacking the play instead of allowing the play to attack them. Not only on defense but on offense in the run game too. That's a HUGE step in the right direction. I'm sure there will be games or plays this season that guys might freeze up a little and play timid (part of the learning curve). But we finally have a game on film that the coaches and players can build off of. That was a FBS level effort. First one of the season and definitely a sign of progress for this incredibly young team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom