I am So Glad we don't use the name "Lady Huskies". | The Boneyard

I am So Glad we don't use the name "Lady Huskies".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And here's a related story:
That irascibly brilliant alcoholic member of the legendary Algonquin Round Table, Dorothy Parker, had a death feud with a NY dowager who avoided her like the plague. One day they both ran into each other at the door leaving the Plaza hotel. "Age before beauty" purred the matron. "Pearls before swine", answered Dorothy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And here's a related story:
That irascibly brilliant alcoholic member of the legendary Algonquin Round Table, Dorothy Parker, had a death feud with a NY dowager who avoided her like the plague. One day they both ran into each other at the door leaving the Plaza hotel. "Age before beauty" purred the matron. "Pearls before swine", answered Dorothy.
My favorite Dorothy Parker quote was:

"If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I would not be a bit surprised."

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

"If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I would not be a bit surprised."
Was it Parker or someone else who said (in reference to another woman) "Everything she says is a lie, including the words "and" and "the".

Reaction Score

"Another martini, Ms. Parker?"
"Maybe not - one more drink and I'll be under the host."

Reaction Score

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think."

Reaction Score
Was it Parker or someone else who said (in reference to another woman) "Everything she says is a lie, including the words "and" and "the".

I don't recall that, but she did write "That woman speaks 18 languages, and she can't say No in any of them".

BTW, she suggested her own epitaph and it's written today where her ashes are buried in Baltimore: "Excuse My Dust".

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Dave Barry once related an anecdote (possibly apocryphal) in which the University of Washington beat Oregon in one women's sport or another. The headline in the paper, then, read "Husky Women Subdue Ducks."

Thus, as long as it's "The UConn women" rather than "Husky women" or "Lady Huskies", we're all probably better off...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
JimDuke said:
"Brevity is the soul of lingerie."

I am starting to really really like you

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
This thread is fabulous I needed a good laugh today thank you so much

Reaction Score
I am starting to really really like you

Perhaps you share my love for dogs & books.
Just remember: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
(That's not Dorothy.)

Reaction Score
Dave Barry once related an anecdote (possibly apocryphal) in which the University of Washington beat Oregon in one women's sport or another. The headline in the paper, then, read "Husky Women Subdue Ducks."

Thus, as long as it's "The UConn women" rather than "Husky women" or "Lady Huskies", we're all probably better off...

Reaction Score

Perhaps when we play Cal, we can read, "Huskies Devour Bears!"

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Perhaps you share my love for dogs & books.
Just remember: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
(That's not Dorothy.)
For the dog lover:
“Why, that dog is practically a Phi Beta Kappa. She can sit up and beg, and she can give her paw -- I don't say she will but she can.” Parker

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Never.
Well no not Bears or Bruins (UCLA), but maybe halfsies on Bearcats (Cinci), or plucked Owls (Temple) and Blue Jays (Creighton), or Tigers (Memphis), go veggie with Green Wave (Tulane), jaw on some swashbuckling Pirates (East Carolina), Rocky Mountain oysterize the Bulls (South Florida), declaw and otherwise the Cougars (Houston and Charleston), get some iron from the Knights (UCF), cheer yourself horse meat from the Mustangs (SMU), and eat up the Little People (ND leprechauns), but no, bear meat is much too fatty for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that was Groucho.

You bet.
And for the next level of difficulty:

"What else is new, besides 80 proof whiskey, 100 proof women, and 18 carat gold?"
"Brother, you just wrote my epitaph."

Reaction Score
Re: Dorothy P and Martins--- "one is enough; two at the most and more than two, I'll wind up under the host!"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom