I am really impressed | The Boneyard

I am really impressed

Reaction Score
This team only has 10 games under its belt with a new system. There energy is great. The offense is getting better (although tonight looked like schoolyard ball in the 2nd half).

Another ten games an they will be a tough out. They are still learning the D.H. way.

Reaction Score
This team only has 10 games under its belt with a new system. There energy is great. The offense is getting better (although tonight looked like schoolyard ball in the 2nd half).

Another ten games an they will be a tough out. They are still learning the D.H. way.

Scrappy, is that you? 3.0?

Reaction Score

The energy being good I agree on. The offense being better? I mean, we scored 70 points, but mostly off of 1-on-1 stuff.

This is where Hurley still has to prove himself. He's got them playing tough and aggressive. He needs to have them playing smart and creative as well.

pj

Reaction Score
They're still on track. The toughest games come early before the team has had a chance to gel, learn the new system, and break bad habits. These will be great learning experiences and great preparation for the conference games. They've cleaned up a few mistakes, you can see the progression from Iowa > Arizona > FSU. It will keep getting better.

I think we're at least equal to, and maybe beating, Cincy, Houston, Temple, UCF in March. We can be as good as last year's URI team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm very content at the moment. The last few years we've been transforming into a mid major. In particular with our size. We are still small, but we look a lot more prepared. The past few years we've had a horrible habit of spotting the opposition about 12 points in our big games. It's nice to see us ready to play in most of these games this year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The energy being good I agree on. The offense being better? I mean, we scored 70 points, but mostly off of 1-on-1 stuff.

This is where Hurley still has to prove himself. He's got them playing tough and aggressive. He needs to have them playing smart and creative as well.
We’re averaging over 80

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Only one kid playing is a Hurley recruit. Give Hurley a few years with his guys in his system. We have three really good recruits coming in next year with 2 more spots to fill

Reaction Score

Do you not think the offense is better this year? I seriously don’t believe you have watched one flipping game this season if you don’t think there has been a major improvement.

Reaction Score
Do you not think the offense is better this year? I seriously don’t believe you have watched one flipping game this season if you don’t think there has been a major improvement.
Hard to tell if they’re better because they struggle to put the ball in the basket, from anyone and anywhere. Some athletic plays, some boneheaded plays. FSU was just bigger and better. They could be interesting to watch when their top player comes back.

Reaction Score
I am not talking about one game. I am talking about ten games. Our offense is better than last year and it’s not should not even be a debate. We struggled to score against teams of all types last year or two

Reaction Score
I think we’re all expecting too much. 7-3 is a pretty solid start, we’re closer to 20 wins than we think.

Are we though? We are 1 year away from being 1 year away

Reaction Score
I am not talking about one game. I am talking about ten games. Our offense is better than last year and it’s not should not even be a debate. We struggled to score against teams of all types last year or two
It will be another wild ride.

Reaction Score
You think we're 2 seasons away from a 20 win team? I think it's still realistic for this year...

20 wins means nothing if we don’t beat the right teams and make the tournament

Reaction Score
I'm pretty confident saying we're a bubble-ish team. We're just not going to have the resume to get in without the signature win - none of which will come in the conference.

Reaction Score
i think what’s infuriating is this team is capable of more. We saw it against Syracuse, but they just make so many bad passes and stupid turnovers. Guys are trying to drive in on 3 people and force up bad shots. The team
Is a lot more fun to watch than last year but not sure the bad habits are gone

Reaction Score
i think what’s infuriating is this team is capable of more. We saw it against Syracuse, but they just make so many bad passes and stupid turnovers. Guys are trying to drive in on 3 people and force up bad shots. The team
I think your last sentence hits the nail on the head. The team plays hard and moves the ball much better but there are clearly a lot of bad habits rearing their ugly heads at critical times. The talent level just isn’t good enough yet to make the same mistakes and beat good teams.

Reaction Score

We had 19 turnovers against Syracuse. The difference was we hit 12 threes. We hit only 7 threes against Syracuse and we probably lose that game. We average 18 turnovers a game in the 4 P5 games we played. Won’t win many games like that.

Reaction Score
I think one of the most bizarre things about this season so far is the symmetry of our results. When you break it down...we are 7-0 when scoring 80+ points and 0-3 when scoring below 80. In our 3 losses we have scored 72, 72, and 71 points. The final score vs Arizona 76-72, and 79-71 vs FSU. Syracuse was a win but they also scored 76. We beat UMKC 94-66 and New Hampshire 91-66. The final score vs Lafayette was 90-63. We gave up 74 to Cornell and 75 to UMass-Lowell while scoring 91 and 97.

Its just strange because it feels like when we play the cupcakes, we can hit 90 or a little more and only give up around 65 points. When we played the big teams we literally hit a wall and can only score 71-72 points while giving up 76 and 79 points.

Reaction Score
I think one of the most bizarre things about this season so far is the symmetry of our results. When you break it down...we are 7-0 when scoring 80+ points and 0-3 when scoring below 80. In our 3 losses we have scored 72, 72, and 71 points. The final score vs Arizona 76-72, and 79-71 vs FSU. Syracuse was a win but they also scored 76. We beat UMKC 94-66 and New Hampshire 91-66. The final score vs Lafayette was 90-63. We gave up 74 to Cornell and 75 to UMass-Lowell while scoring 91 and 97.

Its just strange because it feels like when we play the cupcakes, we can hit 90 or a little more and only give up around 65 points. When we played the big teams we literally hit a wall and can only score 71-72 points while giving up 76 and 79 points.
Why is this surprising to you? Better teams have superior size, athleticism and coaching. That will affect the number of points our guys give up, and the number they score. It’s all completely logical.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like others have said, this is a game we probably lose by 30 last year. Just like the Arizona game, we didn’t play well and we were still within reach.

FSU looks like a legitimate contender this year. We’re just not there yet. It was frustrating to watch, but it’s not the end of the world.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom