I Ain't Worried | The Boneyard

I Ain't Worried

Reaction Score
Much. We whupped ND by eighteen, 89-71 on Dec. 2. At their place.

Admittedly, Dec. 2 is too early in the season to take too seriously. We were 6-0 and Christyn hadn't hit her freshman "wall" yet - as a matter of fact she scored 28 and was the star of the game.

Still, Geno knows ND, the team is on a roll and on the upswing. Christyn has climbed the wall, Megan has blossomed, Lou is healing, Pheesa and Crystal are glowing over the AP All-American plaudits, and all systems are go.

For the semis.

Reaction Score

Admittedly, Dec. 2 is too early in the season to take too seriously. We were 6-0 and Christyn hadn't hit her freshman "wall" yet - as a matter of fact she scored 28 and was the star of the game.

Still, Geno knows ND, the team is on a roll and on the upswing. Christyn has climbed the wall, Megan has blossomed, Lou is healing, Pheesa and Crystal are glowing over the AP All-American plaudits, and all systems are go.

For the semis.
Your not serious right? This should be a great game and I’m sure Notre Dame will be favored. UConn got better but so did Notre Dame. Not sure what the Vegasodds are.

Reaction Score
Your not serious right? This should be a great game and I’m sure Notre Dame will be favored. UConn got better but so did Notre Dame. Not sure what the Vegasodds are.

I never kid. Just kidding.

Yes, I'm serious. They're bigger than we are, but they always are. ND isn't very good defensively. We're not great in that area either, but we can outscore them, so the weak defenses should balance each other out and the best offense should win. Us. If the Vegas spread is reasonably small (UConn will be the favorite, count on it), bet the house on us. Your house.

Plus, I'm from Indiana, have hated ND since forever and root against them in every sport, refuse to give them credit for anything, ever, and love it every time Geno takes Muffet to school.

But that's beside the point. We'll handle ND. Baylor? We'll talk...

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
UCONN has won the majority of the regular season and BE tournament games (24-7, 10-1), including the only three regular season since Mo, Stewie and Tuck graduated. But the NCAA has been a different story. ND has one 4 of 7 of the FF/Championship games. More telling, the defeats of ND were administered by one UCONN group over three consecutive years(2013-2015) while the losses in 2001, 2012, 2013 and 2018 were administered to four substantially different teams: The TASSK team(albeit with injuries), Maya's last year, the beginnings of the Stef-Hartley Era, and the end of Nurse/Gabby Era. Muffet has found a way to win, even when an underdog. This time she is the favorite, despite the 18-point home loss in December.

I welcome any positives to help me through the next four days.

Reaction Score
It looks like ND is favored by 2 1/2. Bet your house.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Massey has it 81-77 ND with UCONN having a 39% chance of winning. 538 has UCONN with a 43 per cent chance of winning.

Reaction Score
Massey has it 81-77 ND with UCONN having a 39% chance of winning. 538 has UCONN with a 43 per cent chance of winning.

I saw that too. It is surprising as they rank UConn higher than ND. Can anyone explain this?

Reaction Score
Let me analyze the game. Returning National Champion with almost all of their team returning. Great coach. Team wanting revenge from early season defeat. Playing great. Neutral court. Hmmmmmmmm….. I would go with N.D. by 3. But I never bet against UCONN. So I will just sit back and hope I am wrong and enjoy a great game while hoping Jackie Young gets in foul trouble early.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I saw that too. It is surprising as they rank UConn higher than ND. Can anyone explain this?
Massey's Rating places more emphasis on record than margin of victory and strength of schedule. But Massey's Power Rating primarily emphasizes margin of victory. Massey uses the Power Rating to make his predictions because it's more accurate than using the Rating. Notre Dame is second in Power Rating (behind Baylor) while UConn is third.

Reaction Score

For the semis.

UCONN always beats ND during the season, especially early. But ND has a decent record against UCONN in the semis. Last year is one example of UCONN winning the first meeting but not the semis.

Also keep in mind that ND usually takes about a month at the beginning of the season to work out the kinks. Drives me crazy. Plus this year, Mabrey was coming off an injury and barely played, and Turner was still trying to get back into the flow of the game after sitting out last year. I didn't think we would make it past the Sweet 16 with how she was playing early. But she is now back to the Brianna we all remember from 2 years ago. Her ACL injury is the reason we got knocked out in 2017.

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Well, since worrying or not worrying will have absolutely NO affect on the outcome, probably best to go with "not worrying".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom