I agree with Pitino | The Boneyard

I agree with Pitino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing would make me happier than to see Pitt and Cuse die on the vine in the ACC, but how do we strengthen the BE?
We need 2 strong schools and Temple ain't quite enough. We need a big time defection.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How does the ACC add up for Pitt and Syracuse and not UConn?
it doesn't, they think that going there will help their football, definitely not basketball, and their football is going to stay where it is...maybe they're tired of uconn in all sports... i think uconn should stay, like pitino said they can win a bcs bid and the basketball is going to get exposure regardless where they play but more so in the big east... and how will it benefit football to get 16 teams? they can't play each other... thats my opinion...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
it doesn't, they think that going there will help their football, definitely not basketball, and their football is going to stay where it is...maybe they're tired of uconn in all sports... i think uconn should stay, like pitino said they can win a bcs bid and the basketball is going to get exposure regardless where they play but more so in the big east... and how will it benefit football to get 16 teams? they can't play each other... thats my opinion...
The problem every one has regarding this issue is they believe if situations follow their logic the outcomes are predictable. But this is far from the case. There are no guarantees Louisville will stick with the BE even if UConn changes it's position. I'm not saying Louisville is leaving. I'm saying no one knows what will happen because there are too many players with too many agendas.

The danger for UConn or any of the BE teams, football or bb wise is they don't know if the 4 super conferences with 16 teams will come to fruition. Nor does anyone know for certain if this configuration takes place those 64 teams will jettison themselves from the NCAA, set up their own governing board and their own tournaments. If that results any teams outside of the super conference configuration will be second tier in all sports with potential recruiting disadvantages. They will no longer be able to compete with the conferences with the super monies any more than Division II teams compete with Division 1A.

I don't blame Rick. But he will be like JB who when he first heard of the switch was blindsided and felt bad about the Cuse move. But in a few days he was supporting his institution and justifying it. RP will do the same thing if events play out if Louisville leaves the BE.

JC has approached it differently. He doesn't like the switch any more than JB or RP but understands its necessity and reluctantly supports it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The problem every one has regarding this issue is they believe if situations follow their logic the outcomes are predictable. But this is far from the case. There are no guarantees Louisville will stick with the BE even if UConn changes it's position. I'm not saying Louisville is leaving. I'm saying no one knows what will happen because there are too many players with too many agendas.

The danger for UConn or any of the BE teams, football or bb wise is they don't know if the 4 super conferences with 16 teams will come to fruition. Nor does anyone know for certain if this configuration takes place those 64 teams will jettison themselves from the NCAA, set up their own governing board and their own tournaments. If that results any teams outside of the super conference configuration will be second tier in all sports with potential recruiting disadvantages. They will no longer be able to compete with the conferences with the super monies any more than Division II teams compete with Division 1A.

I don't blame Rick. But he will be like JB who when he first heard of the switch was blindsided and felt bad about the Cuse move. But in a few days he was supporting his institution and justifying it. RP will do the same thing if events play out if Louisville leaves the BE.

JC has approached it differently. He doesn't like the switch any more than JB or RP but understands its necessity and reluctantly supports it.
yeah this is true, i know they don't want to be left in the dust but i really don't see how super conferences will work football wise... basketball i can see but not football... idk i hate the concept of uconn in the acc and don't see any benefits other then not being left behind...

Reaction Score
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yeah. Time for Marxism.

Reaction Score
He should worry about U of L and we can worry about U of C...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom