I’m at the supermarket in Orlando and… | The Boneyard

I’m at the supermarket in Orlando and…

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
…I saw a young woman in a Villanova tee. I wished her men’s team good luck and she, seeing my UConn tee, said “great game last night”. We’re both rooting for Seton Hall in the WNIT final tonight.

Go Big East

Reaction Score
This morning when I checked my AOL email. This what it looks.

Screenshot (15).png

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
…I saw a young woman in a Villanova tee. I wished her men’s team good luck and she, seeing my UConn tee, said “great game last night”. We’re both rooting for Seton Hall in the WNIT final tonight.

Go Big East
With Xavier winning the Men's NIT there is a chance that the Big East could sweep both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. I hope it happens just to shut the mouths of some P5 lovers at ESPN.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Go Big East
Thanks for the reminder @HuskyNan

Game is on CBSSN 3PM Eastern. Expecting another phenomenal game from Lane

Reaction Score
With Xavier winning the Men's NIT there is a chance that the Big East could sweep both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. I hope it happens just to shut the mouths of some P5 lovers at ESPN.
Where the Big East teams are now, it is more than enough to shut up those P5 lovers. One a champion, two more playing for their championship and the other one (Villanova, men, NCAA) Geno predicted will be champion.

What conference comes close to this?

Reaction Score
I watched the game in a hotel lobby in Phoenix. Started at a bar that had the Sun's game on. Asked to put the UConn game on which they did. That lasted 5 minutes until bar customers complained and put Sun's game back in. To add insult to injury, they then put on hockey..... I had to get put of there.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
SDSU played entire tournament at home. They are loud. Tough environment for SH.

Reaction Score
SH had a great WNIT but SDSU is way too much in this game. Down 35 with about 4 minutes left at the moment. for some reason it gets to me when even in championship games the old 3 point lines for important women's games are not yet removed.

Reaction Score
I watched the game in a hotel lobby in Phoenix. Started at a bar that had the Sun's game on. Asked to put the UConn game on which they did. That lasted 5 minutes until bar customers complained and put Sun's game back in. To add insult to injury, they then put on hockey..... I had to get put of there.
Fans in Orlando must be smarter than those in Phoenix. A few years ago was at a conference in Orlando when UCONN was playing in a semi final. Went to a sports bar and asked them to turn one of their tv’s to the UCONN game. Within a half hour the place was all watching UCONN and almost of the TVS were then turned to UCONN.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Go Big East
South Dakota State too much for our friends at The Hall.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Fans in Orlando must be smarter than those in Phoenix. A few years ago was at a conference in Orlando when UCONN was playing in a semi final. Went to a sports bar and asked them to turn one of their tv’s to the UCONN game. Within a half hour the place was all watching UCONN and almost of the TVS were then turned to UCONN.
My son and his girlfriend were at a bar in Michigan last night and he told us the bar had the UConn game on. They stayed for the entire first half, rooting for the Huskies. UConn Nation is everywhere :cool:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Slightly off this topic, but we were on a cruise when UConn men played KY in 2014 for the NC. The ship played the game on a big screen in the main atrium and several hundred people were watching. As cool as it was to see UConn win, what made it even more fun was that easily 90% of the crowd were rooting for UConn and were plenty noisy about it. Fun experience. Be nice to see another SEC go down to UConn in a NC game.

Reaction Score
Was watching the WNIT final, and was annoyed by the officiating, which really seemed to favor South Dakota. Then a closeup of one of the officials took me back a few years. The official I recognized is Maggie Tieman, who is from the northwest corner of Ct. She grew up in Litchfield, up the street from us. My daughter used to baby sit for Maggie. She has done quite a few UConn games over the years. On second thought, the officials were not the problem for Seton Hall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom