Hypothetical question | The Boneyard

Hypothetical question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What would the score been last night if PP was coach?

Michigan last year is the equivalent of BYU if not slightly better in talent than BYU. Best coached game of the PP era in my opinion.

Would it be a 25 point loss? More or less in your opinion.

This does not suggest that PP should have not been fired. He needed to go and should have never even been the coach at the start of last season. It is a consideration of the difference between a rookie coach and someone who has been there.

Clearly, I think Diaco made a series of mistakes that resulted in a blow out that a more experienced coach would not have made.

What do you think?

Reaction Score
If Max does not fumble and Casey does not throw the first pick what would the score have been? You blame Diaco for this too? Only gave up 1 score in 2nd half. To answer your question it could have been worse.

Reaction Score
Are Buffalo and Towson better than BYU? Nextttt.

Max's fumble was almost comical. Coughing it up deep in your own territory after giving up a quick TD? G-Damn worst case scenario coming to fruition. CC's pick when I thought for certain we were set up for a least an FG on the next series (following a 1 play TD "drive") in combination essentially ended the game in the first ten minutes. If Max doesn't cough that up who knows how the remainder of the drive plays out and it's a whole different game.

If the fake FG worked we'd all be saying it was a brilliant play call.

I also don't think BYU "took their foot off the gas." Not a lot changed in their play calling.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think you should stop drinking, is what I think. :rolleyes:
Not a bad suggestion. Last nights coaching particularly the QB substitution is not sitting well one day later.

Reaction Score
What would the score been last night if PP was coach?

Michigan last year is the equivalent of BYU if not slightly better in talent than BYU. Best coached game of the PP era in my opinion.

Would it be a 25 point loss? More or less in your opinion.

This does not suggest that PP should have not been fired. He needed to go and should have never even been the coach at the start of last season. It is a consideration of the difference between a rookie coach and someone who has been there.

Clearly, I think Diaco made a series of mistakes that resulted in a blow out that a more experienced coach would not have made.

What do you think?
Michigan 2013 better talent than BYU this year? Hardly. Michigan was the most storied team to ever play at the Rent. The buzz was incredible. Extra seats..super motivated team/fans and we almost beat a 7-6 team (3-5 B10). Equivalent of BYU..Nah! PP. best coaching? Nah! Weist might have won it?

#3 Michigan State x† 8–0 13–1
Iowa 5–3 8–5
Nebraska 5–3 9–4
Minnesota 4–4 8–5
Michigan 3–5 7–6
Northwestern 1–7 5–7

Reaction Score
If Max does not fumble and Casey does not throw the first pick what would the score have been? You blame Diaco for this too? Only gave up 1 score in 2nd half. To answer your question it could have been worse.

I agree with you here. Two early COSTLY turnovers and this game could have turned out totally different. As I mentioned in quite a few other threads, it was the first live game action in new systems for everyone. Including the coaching staff, pertaining to their first game with this team. The first game jitters most definitely showed. No one is going to be perfect the first game under the gun with all new assignments, techniques, play calls, etc. Give these kids a break. Two turnovers proved to be very costly. The defense played much better in the second half it would appear. BYU is a very good team especially offensively. They haven't undergone the same kind of change in the past 10 months that this program has.

Give it a rest people. Next weeks game against Stony Brook will give us all a better indication of how these kids can bounce back, prepare and improve from week to week.

Reaction Score
I think the score would have been much worse due to the lack of conditioning, higher level of ignorance regarding the players' assignments and overall lethargy. Wasn't overly impressed with P's game management either especially for such a long time head coach. And a Qb's would have been killed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom