#HuskyUp: Stepping Up with Proxy Season's Passes | The Boneyard

#HuskyUp: Stepping Up with Proxy Season's Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Living in TX it's not practical to purchase season's tickets for my wife and I, even though I'd love to go to all Husky home games this year. So the thought crossed my mind that I can do the next best thing. In the spirit of #HuskyUp, I'm going to purchase 2 season's tickets and donate them to some deserving people who can be our "proxy" Husky fans. Before moving to TX in 1996 I would go to as many home games as I could. With that in mind, I'm offering 2 complimentary season's passes (Preferred seating) to two people who most accurately reflect the things I value and the things I would do as a season ticket holder on game day. Message me here and I will pick the two winners a week before opening day. Go Huskies and #HuskyUp!

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
cttxus said:
Living in TX it's not practical to purchase season's tickets for my wife and I, even though I'd love to go to all Husky home games this year. So the thought crossed my mind that I can do the next best thing. In the spirit of #HuskyUp, I'm going to purchase 2 season's tickets and donate them to some deserving people who can be our "proxy" Husky fans. Before moving to TX in 1996 I would go to as many home games as I could. With that in mind, I'm offering 2 complimentary season's passes (Preferred seating) to two people who most accurately reflect the things I value and the things I would do as a season ticket holder on game day. Message me here and I will pick the two winners a week before opening day. Go Huskies and #HuskyUp!

Love this. Posted this on facebook/twitter and challenged my friends to #HuskyUp and buy their own tickets or at least demonstrate how awesome UConn fans they are and try to get some free ones.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

WELL DONE! Now this is #Huskying Up. I absolutely LOVE this.

Just FYI - if you can't find a worthy recipient, the ticket office WILL donate your tickets for you to military groups, school kids, etc. I donated some mini plans to the military a while back and put the decision-making into their hands because I, ultimately, was too nervous about donating to somebody who won't go to the games. Attendance figures are tickets SCANNED so I made sure that they promised that they'd get the tickets into the hands of groups will 100% definitely be there. I know where the seat locations are located and if I notice them empty, I will be calling the ticket office most upset! To each is own though and if you find as avid a fan as you to donate these tickets to, then #HuskyUp!!

cttxus

Reaction Score
WELL DONE! Now this is #Huskying Up. I absolutely LOVE this.

Just FYI - if you can't find a worthy recipient, the ticket office WILL donate your tickets for you to military groups, school kids, etc. I donated some mini plans to the military a while back and put the decision-making into their hands because I, ultimately, was too nervous about donating to somebody who won't go to the games. Attendance figures are tickets SCANNED so I made sure that they promised that they'd get the tickets into the hands of groups will 100% definitely be there. I know where the seat locations are located and if I notice them empty, I will be calling the ticket office most upset! To each is own though and if you find as avid a fan as you to donate these tickets to, then #HuskyUp!!
Thanks Dooley. So far no takers on the comp tix but I like your suggestion. I was thinking along the same lines in terms of the type of individuals I would want to have them. #HuskyUp.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thanks Dooley. So far no takers on the comp tix but I like your suggestion. I was thinking along the same lines in terms of the type of individuals I would want to have them. #HuskyUp.

As a Florida resident I'm not your intended audience, but maybe take this to the athletic dept and see if you can get this on their official twitter or FB pages. If not, maybe try the young alumni associations.

Your idea is great and I know you have a willing Husky fan out there who would love the chance. Keep up the great work.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I put it out on twitter, not that I have a ton of followers, but hopefully it gets a few RT's.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Put this on the basketball boards too (if it's not already). You might find a casual football fan over there that might be interested in going to games now that Pasqualoni is gone.

cttxus

Reaction Score
Or maybe pin this thread, or pin in the Tickets board. Great stuff, cttxus.
Mods: I'm not sure this thread qualifies to be pinned on this board since I've never pinned one here before. But feel free to do so if you think it'll help get the word out on the tix. Thanks.

cttxus

Reaction Score
I put it out on twitter, not that I have a ton of followers, but hopefully it gets a few RT's.
Thanks. I'd do the same but I have a grand total of about 14 followers and most of those are work related. :)

Dooley

Reaction Score
Retweeted and tweeted my own message. Hope cttxus can find a worthy winner!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'm curious if any UConn beat writers pick this up and RT it. I highly doubt it since they don't gain anything from it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'm curious if any UConn beat writers pick this up and RT it. I highly doubt it since they don't gain anything from it.

Dooley

Reaction Score

Maybe not this particular contest but I am kind of surprised that we haven't seen more from the horde to get UCONN casual fans off their butts and go buy tickets. Believe it or not, there are STILL people on this board that aren't making the connection that selling out the Rent and Yankee Stadium is necessary to leave the AAC.

Reaction Score
Quite admirably indeed. Good going. Talk about paying it forward.

cttxus

Reaction Score
Retweeted and tweeted my own message. Hope cttxus can find a worthy winner!
My biggest concern is making sure the people who win these tix actually attend the games. I'm open to suggestions on how to make sure that happens. Every game I attend I'm in my seat in time to watch the team warm up, and I stay until the game ends (first clues for the future winners). Maybe I can have them hold up a sign or something during the pre-game and 4th quarter and fellow BYers can confirm they saw it. That shouldn't be too much of a hassle for free season's tix, right? Thanks.

Dooley

Reaction Score
My biggest concern is making sure the people who win these tix actually attend the games. I'm open to suggestions on how to make sure that happens. Every game I attend I'm in my seat in time to watch the team warm up, and I stay until the game ends (first clues for the future winners). Maybe I can have them hold up a sign or something during the pre-game and 4th quarter and fellow BYers can confirm they saw it. That shouldn't be too much of a hassle for free season's tix, right? Thanks.

Like I said before, that was my biggest concern too. Since UCONN's attendance is counted by tickets SCANNED, not bought, I was worried that I'd give my tickets away to someone who would hang out at the tailgate or, worse, not go to the stadium area at all. If you can't find anyone "worthy" of your generous gift, then I would recommend calling the ticket office and making arrangements on a donation. The money still is credited towards your UCONN Club account and they will likely give the tickets to military actives/retirees.

Whatever approach that you decide works best for you and your wife, kudos to you!! At the next UCONN game out in Texas, I'd like to buy you a beer! :)

cttxus

Reaction Score
Like I said before, that was my biggest concern too. Since UCONN's attendance is counted by tickets SCANNED, not bought, I was worried that I'd give my tickets away to someone who would hang out at the tailgate or, worse, not go to the stadium area at all. If you can't find anyone "worthy" of your generous gift, then I would recommend calling the ticket office and making arrangements on a donation. The money still is credited towards your UCONN Club account and they will likely give the tickets to military actives/retirees.

Whatever approach that you decide works best for you and your wife, kudos to you!! At the next UCONN game out in Texas, I'd like to buy you a beer! :)
Good suggestions Dooley. Thx. And I'm hoping to take you up on your offer next year! Gotta figure some combination of UH and/or SMU will be road games scheduled next year.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Good suggestions Dooley. Thx. And I'm hoping to take you up on your offer next year! Gotta figure some combination of UH and/or SMU will be road games scheduled next year.

I probably will buy you a keg of Lone Star or Duff's, whichever is your preference!

I hope we get a UH road game next year. I'd like to see their new stadium before we leave for the B1G. :)

Dooley

Reaction Score
Good job by the UCMB retweeting your post, cttxus!

UConn Marching Band ‏@UCMB 42s
A @UConnFootball fan in Texas is giving away two sets of season tickets to deserving fans who #HuskyUp. http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/huskyup-stepping-up-with-proxy-seasons-passes.63209/… #riseup

Of course, they wrote their tweet more eloquently than mine! :)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
cttxus said:

You should be able to tell a true fan. Just communicate with them. No need to make more work for yourself. I doubt some new fan would appreciate them anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom