Huskyrob | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Huskyrob

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
To be honest I haven't followed Greenwich as much since they had the back to back state championship seasons a few years ago. I heard they had a pretty good year this year but lost to staples at one of the last plays of the game? As for Sean and the killing of a cat, I have no idea. I didn't hear anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Xavier is an exceptional team this year. Looks and plays like a JUCO squad. Would love to see them against some regional teams because I think they could compete. Congrats to those kids and wish we had their QB on our commit list.

Reaction Score
Xavier is an exceptional team this year. Looks and plays like a JUCO squad. Would love to see them against some regional teams because I think they could compete. Congrats to those kids and wish we had their QB on our commit list.

I also would have liked to have seen that. I would have liked to have seen this Xavier team play that Florida state champ that beat a great Greenwich LL state champ a few years ago. It was 2006 or 2007 IIRC. As good as Xavier is this year I think the result might have been the same. Greenwich had that big fullback and some really big boys in the trenches, forget his name, D1 prospect, was being recruited by Urban Meyer, but that Forida team was too tough. It would have been a good comparison since Greenwich also had dominant back to back state LL titles.

Reaction Score
I also would have liked to have seen that. I would have liked to have seen this Xavier team play that Florida state champ that beat a great Greenwich LL state champ a few years ago. It was 2006 or 2007 IIRC. As good as Xavier is this year I think the result might have been the same. Greenwich had that big fullback and some really big boys in the trenches, forget his name, D1 prospect, was being recruited by Urban Meyer, but that Forida team was too tough. It would have been a good comparison since Greenwich also had dominant back to back state LL titles.

It seems that Xavier is on the verge of becoming a powerhouse like Bosco, Bergen and St. Joe's in NJ and St. John's Prep and BC high in Mass. It would be great if Xavier scheduled one of the above. Xavier may be getting to a point where it's outgrown CT's best programs.

Reaction Score
Perhaps if the CIAC changed their stance in out of state games (in regards to playoff points), you would.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Perhaps if the CIAC changed their stance in out of state games (in regards to playoff points), you would.

thats another fciac thing i hate. just like no shot clock in bball and the 50pt rule in fball among others. here are 2 examples-
1) darien lax plays some great OOS games and those don't count towards state playoffs so there recrod doesn't reflect as many game giving other teams with higher winnig t otals better seeds in states. they wreck most teams but some give them trouble like a 2-3 game vs a 1-4.
2) fp hockey plays alot of OOS games and the same thing happens towards the point count. they get a 5 seed in a state palyoff and just wreck teams. to outsiders ppl are like wow a 5 seed but anyone who knows anythings realizes whats going on.

Reaction Score
Yeah exactly. And I think there are some in state programs that would love to take on regional powers like Bosco, Everett, Brocton, Bergen Catholic, St. Joe's etc. But as long as the CIAC counts those games they will shy away. In football, even with the expanded playoff format, losing one of those games could be the difference between making the playoffs or staying home. A lot of other states do not penalize OOS games.

Reaction Score
It seems that Xavier is on the verge of becoming a powerhouse like Bosco, Bergen and St. Joe's in NJ and St. John's Prep and BC high in Mass. It would be great if Xavier scheduled one of the above. Xavier may be getting to a point where it's outgrown CT's best programs.
Whoa...lets not get carried away just yet. Lets see what they do next year with Damato, Mastroianni, and the other seniors gone. And remember they did not play Hand this year and I'm not convinced they would have dominated Ansonia and Newsome who is only a sophmore.

Reaction Score
I still think Xavier is the best team in the state this year but to compare them with Bosco? We're talking about the #1 ranked HS program in the nation who takes on power programs from all over the country and I believe this year has 10 D-1 recruits on its roster. That's a nationally elite program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom