Husky Sports Roundup, September 26th 2011 | The Boneyard

Husky Sports Roundup, September 26th 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Taken from my original blog post here. Some content has been cut out for clarity and space. Feel free to comment on whether I kept too much in, left too much out, etc. As I said, I like all the extra content. If you do too, read my original blog. Even subscribe to the RSS. But some people don't like hearing me keep talking. So this is for you.

Women's Soccer: The Huskies played their third straight overtime contest Sunday afternoon, tying with the Cincinnati Bearcats 2-2. The Huskies were down 2-0 at one point but overcame the deficit and came out with the draw. The Huskies are now 4-4-2 on the season (1-1-2 Big East) Next up they will travel to Notre Dame on Friday, September 30th, on ESPNU at 7:30. After that, the Huskies will face DePaul on Sunday, October 2 at 2:00 PM. Streaming for that contest is available on the DePaul athletic website.
Women's Volleyball: The Huskies were swept by the Louisville Cardinals, 3-0. Two sweeps over opening weekend may look bad, but these are the two best teams in the conference. It's not too unexpected. Next weekend, the Huskies will host Marquette on Saturday and Syracuse on Sunday, both at 2:00 PM.
Men's Soccer: The Huskies are expected to be #1 when the polls come out tomorrow. Their first defense will be against Yale at 7:30 tomorrow night at Morrone Stadium. After the Bulldogs, we travel to Louisville on Saturday at noon. The Cardinals are #5 for now, but lost to Notre Dame on Saturday so that will fall. They will still be a Top 10 team. And of course, they don't want to start 0-2, so they'll be hungry for a win. There does not appear to be any streaming media, but I have yet to confirm this. GameTracker is there for you though.
Tennis (both sexes): The men and women competed at the West Point Invitational this weekend. The men went 20-6 overall and the women won the consolation fight. See those articles for more info.
Men's Ice Hockey: Cole Schneider was featured on Insider College Hockey. This earned him a press release from UConn.
Field Hockey: Rankings come out tomorrow. UConn at #4 is unlikely to change. The Huskies host UMass Wednesday Night at 7:30. And for the second weekend a row, two Huskies teams will play Louisville. The Field Hockey Huskies host the Cardinals at noon. That will be on All-Access. It seems like we play the same school in multiple sports at the same week or two very often. Between last weekend and this weekend, women's soccer, women's volleyball, men's soccer, and field hockey all played Louisville. It can't all be a coincidence....
Softball: Just a reminder to those who are interested but my last blurb, the 2012 schedule is up. I will not write about it until a press release confirms it is official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom